iXsystems Unleashes Servers Built On New Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
iXsystems’ New Server Line Delivers Improved Scalability, Performance, and ROI While Reducing TCO
San Jose, CA – August 30, 2017 – iXsystems, the enterprise storage and server vendor renowned for its open source software contributions, today released a comprehensive line of new servers fully optimized for the new Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors. The iXsystems servers include multiple features that support the Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors for exceptional performance, security, and efficiency, helping accelerate ROI. They are offered in 1U, 2U and 4U rackmount form factors to enable a broad array of market segments. These new servers are available in 8-way, quad, dual, and single CPU socket configurations, giving customers an array of scalable system options all fueled by Intel® Xeon® Platinum processors for consistent CPU support. Previously, different CPUs had to be used for the four socket and eight socket systems. This required customers to purchase different CPU classes when they deployed one or two socket servers versus their four or eight socket server infrastructures. In addition to increased flexibility across the server lineup, the new platform enables a multitude of improvements:
- 8 socket servers up to 224 physical CPU cores; 4 socket servers up to 112; 2 socket servers up to 56
- DDR4 2666MHz memory support (up to 6TB in a 4-socket configuration) across 6 memory channels (formerly 4)
- Increased maximum CPU core count
- Support of 1, 2, 4, and 8 sockets per motherboard
- Up to 48 x PCI-e 3.0 lanes per CPU
- New Intel® Mesh Architecture cpu design to increase bandwidth and lower latencies
- New Intel® UltraPath Interconnect (UPI) technology, replacing QPI
- Faster performance with Intel® AVX-512
- Advanced RAS designed for 99.999% availability
With this new generation of servers, iXsystems offers an extensive range of computing solutions for mission-critical applications.
iXsystems’ servers are engineered to unleash the full performance and rich feature sets of the new Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors. The elevated compute performance, density, connectivity, and efficiency are coupled with enhanced support for NVMe NAND Flash for unprecedented application responsiveness and agility.
- Scalable: Improved management for NVMe SSD drives, increased core count, increased L1/L2 cache performance, over 50% more memory bandwidth by increasing memory channels to six, up to 50% more PCIe I/O bandwidth by increasing PCIe lanes to up to 48, and support for UPI bridge between CPUs, ensures iXsystems servers can achieve optimal performance for today’s complex web-scale applications.
- Secure: Up to 2x per core security performance improvements, combined with Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel TXT), Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel PTT), and Intel Boot Guard, combined with new key protection ensure you have low overhead and hardware-enhanced data protection when deploying a trusted infrastructure.
- Agile: The number of cores per CPU has been increased to a maximum of 28 and the new Intel® UPI can deliver almost 50% more inter-CPU bandwidth. There are a plethora of add-in options that can be connected to the PCIe lanes. These include NVMe SSDs, 100G/40G/25G/10G Ethernet, Intel® Omni-Path Architecture, 100G EDR InfiniBand, and others. These changes help increase the multi-tenancy and VM density or parallelized workloads required by today’s local or hybrid cloud-based applications.
iXsystems delivers an extensive selection of servers fully optimized for all applications and any budget. To learn more about the iXsystems servers, send an email to info@iXsystems.com, call 1-855-GREP-4-IX, or please visit here and here.
In addition to an extensive server line, iXsystems also provides the TrueNAS enterprise storage arrays. For more details, please visit www.ixsystems.com/TrueNAS/.
iXsystems Executive Quote
Matt Finney, Director of Sales
“Since 1996, iXsystems has provided customers and partners with servers that leverage our expertise in hardware design, helping them accelerate their ROI. Our servers are designed to take full advantage of the Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors, allowing customers to deploy more complex web-scale applications per server. The increases in density and performance along with the security improvements allow customers to enhance their IT infrastructure, while meeting data bandwidth, IOPS requirements, and reducing their TCO.”
Jennifer Huffstetler, Senior Director, Data Center Product Management, Intel
“Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors enable customers to accelerate their transformation to a software-defined data center. With the enhanced scalability, agility and security capabilities of the Intel® Xeon® Scalable platforms, customers can deploy and run today’s web-scale applications in the hybrid cloud with unprecedented speed. In today’s always-on public/private cloud applications, non-stop service is vital, especially for enterprise-grade applications. iXsystems servers with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors help achieve the goals for always ready applications while accelerating ROI.”
With headquarters in the heart of Silicon Valley since its founding in 1996, iXsystems leads the industry, building innovative storage solutions and superior enterprise servers for a global marketplace relying on open technologies. Its decades of hardware design experience and expertise, commitment to the Open Source software community, and stewardship of many leading Open Source Projects, like FreeBSD, FreeNAS, and TrueOS, are the reasons why thousands of companies, universities, and government organizations rely on iXsystems’ storage, servers, and consultative approach to doing business.
Intel and Xeon are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Learn more at www.ixsystems.com.