Serviio 0.6.2 Plugin Ready for Download

How Much Success Did You Have Getting This Plugin To Work?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daflibble

Cadet
Hi Protosd, thanks for the new release of pluing.
I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new version. Well, now I see picture and audio files but.... not video. :(
Maybe I am unlucky or I'm newbie but please help me... Does anyone have the same problem? Help me :confused:

I'm getting the same problem with the new plugin. The serviio server comes up and the remote console connects first time. All seemed much better than last time when things kept not working. But now it won't pickup any videos (including the test file). I haven't tired putting any picture files for it to scan yet. Will try and see what happens later. I think I might go back to the old plugin with the manual fix and see if that works.

ProtoSD

MVP
I'll try and take a look at it tomorrow. Considering the difficulty I had getting this version to build, it's possible there's a problem. Trust me, it's not nearly as simple or smooth as the documentation makes it sound to create a plugin.

Did you check the permissions of your mount points/media like the other posters just talked about above?
Dear sirs,
i will appreciate your advice what i need to do to set/change right permision.
my volume are:

moscow/cartoons
moscow/pictures
moscow/music
user: root
group: wheel

I mounted these volume to /mnt/moscow/jail/jail/usr/pbi/serviio-i386/MEDIA

in serviio console I added path /usr/pbi/serviio-i386/MEDIA and /usr/pbi/serviio-i386/TEST

Using iPad i can see the test video file but my Media folder is empty

Thank you in advance

Daflibble

Cadet
I'm getting the same problem with the new plugin. The serviio server comes up and the remote console connects first time. All seemed much better than last time when things kept not working. But now it won't pickup any videos (including the test file). I haven't tired putting any picture files for it to scan yet. Will try and see what happens later. I think I might go back to the old plugin with the manual fix and see if that works.

Okay I put some jpgs in place and they detected and display fine. It's just the video that won't detect.

ProtoSD

MVP
I'm just curious, has anyone been able to get the new version of the plugin I posted working?

If the answer is no, I would like to remove it to prevent further confusion & problems until I can post another release.

ProtoSD

MVP
The test video works for me, you must have something configured incorrectly. If other people answer that they can't play the TEST video, then I will see what else it could be. Did you look at the log files like I suggested? If you look at my blog post there are troubleshooting step and info how to look at the log files.

ProtoSD

MVP
Gentlemen & Ladies,

The "bleeding edge" port of ffmpeg ffmpeg-011 will not work because the Makefile is written for a newer version of FreeBSD, and the plugin jail is based on FreeBSD 8.0... Yeah, I know wft?? But that's the way it is. I could probably hack the Makefile and get it to work, but for an app that I don't even use myself, the amount of time and effort I've spent on this is taking it's toll. I'm about at the point where I'm ready to find a victim that wants to be the new owner of Serviio support and the plugin, but I'm also not in a position to try and do a brain dump on how things work. I have a VERY SLOW mobile broadband connection and that won't change for a few months.

So at this point, no ffmpeg-011, no Serviio 1.0....

B0S

Cadet
No video Test for me.

Same problemfor me too,
jpeg's are there(not all !!!! but 80% of jpeg's), musik... dir's seams to be empty,
videos too. NO Test video..

70% freespace on hd,
rights are set to 777

is there some woraround for this issue???

LAYGO

Explorer
Ah ok. I see how plugins are easier. I couldn't find the docs on what plugins were all about, then I read on your trying to get the Serviio plugin working that it wasn't worth updating to 8.2 just for plugins (except, I already had upgraded). I got my non-GUI jail working again because I gotta have my torrents running & Serviio going.

I'm still in love with Transmission in conjunction with transmission-remote-gui & Transdroid (Android Transmission management app). I even found a Serviio App to manage it with: ServiiDroid, although it's rarely used.

Everything's working so unless I hit a snag that absolutely requires an upgrade, I'm going to leave it as is for now. It's been rock solid.

I'll fade back into obscurity now . . . ;)

Jerry Craker

Cadet
Serviio Issues

I have installed the latest versions of FreeNAS and Serviio. The NAS server works great. After some manipulation of the shell script to add missing Java Components, I have managed to get Serviio started. I used the console on my Mac to control the Serviio server. I added the directory /mnt/Movies which contain some sample movies (.mp4 files).

Using my PS3 I am able to see the uPNP server but the movies are not displayed.

The only error message that I see in the Serviio log is the following:

2012-08-31 20:55:27,356 WARN [FFMPEGWrapper] FFmpeg is not compiled with librtm
p support, RTMP streaming will not work.
2012-08-31 20:55:27,357 WARN [FFMPEGWrapper] Could not work out FFmpeg default
User-Agent
2012-08-31 20:55:27,378 INFO [AbstractTranscodingDeliveryEngine] Cleaning trans
code engine and its data

I don't know if this is causing the error or I am missing a configuration step somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- Jerry --

cyberjock

Inactive Account
oh my.. another one of these :(

ProtoSD

MVP
Jerry, your thread was moved to the existing Serviio thread. Please take a look at this thread. There should *hopefully* be a new release by the end of this weekend (Monday, since it's a holiday).

Jerry Craker

Cadet
What did you do to get Serviio going? Mine will not pick up the videos.

Mine Will not pick up the videos. It says unrecognized format. However, the videos run fine on my Mac. I am trying to move all my videos from my Mac to my FreeNAS system.

-- Jerry --

Ah ok. I see how plugins are easier. I couldn't find the docs on what plugins were all about, then I read on your trying to get the Serviio plugin working that it wasn't worth updating to 8.2 just for plugins (except, I already had upgraded). I got my non-GUI jail working again because I gotta have my torrents running & Serviio going.

I'm still in love with Transmission in conjunction with transmission-remote-gui & Transdroid (Android Transmission management app). I even found a Serviio App to manage it with: ServiiDroid, although it's rarely used.

Everything's working so unless I hit a snag that absolutely requires an upgrade, I'm going to leave it as is for now. It's been rock solid.

I'll fade back into obscurity now . . . ;)

ProtoSD

MVP
Just to let everyone know, I am passing the buck on Serviio and I don't plan to do anymore work/support on this plugin. I just can't justify all the time I've spent trying to get things working on an app that I don't use.

I've identified someone that is willing to take over development to an extent and I think has the skills to do it. I won't name them because they need time to get up to speed and I don't want to put them on the spot. When they are ready, they'll make an announcement.

I've spent nearly the whole weekend TRYING to get ffmpeg-011 to compile with Serviio, every time I fix one thing, 5 others pop up.

Thanks everyone!

-- Proto

cyrus13

Cadet
I figured out my problem. Ffmpeg kept complaining about missing libraries when running ffmpeg by itself. So I copied the contents of /usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/lib to /usr/local/lib. That fixed the problem of the missing video files on serviio. Looking back, I should have just created symlinks to the necessary library files to /usr/local/lib, but I was just too damn drunk and impatient.

zdv

Dabbler
Hello, All
I have error with run console:

ERROR [ServiioConsole] Unexpected exception occured: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.serviio.console.ServiioConsole.setupConsoleSettings(ServiioConsole.java:124)
at org.serviio.console.ServiioConsole.main(ServiioConsole.java:103)

who does know how to solve this problem?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Well I've tried this thing twice with the same results :(

No Joy, I say again No Joy!

My setup is running two VM machines (VMWare Workstation 8), one for FreeNAS 8.3.0-BETA2-x64 (Jail IP 192.168.1.16), the second is Windoze XP Pro (IP 192.168.1.27).
Maybe it doesn't like to run on VM's but that is all I'm testing with right now.

The steps I used are as follows...

1) Downloaded the "serviio-0.6.2_2-amd64 _9d-RELEASE.pbi".
2) Downloaded the Serviio 0.6.2-win-setup program.
3) On the FreeNAS I already have the current jail plugin installed, nothing is installed into the plugin space.
4) Performed the following lines:
Code:
jexec 1 csh
echo "192.168.1.16 software" >> /etc/hosts
mkdir -p /usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/var/tmp
ln -s /usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/var/tmp /var/tmp
exit
exit

5) I installed the Serviio plugin and once done I started it. No problems so far.
6) I added my media mounting point to "/usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/MEDIA". (note that MEDIA is all upper case once the PBI is loaded, not lower case)
7) On my Windoze XP I installed the Serviio console, no server.
8) I edited the batch file as directed it
Code:
set JAVA_OPTS=-Dserviio.home="%SERVIIO_CONSOLE_HOME%" -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dserviio.remoteHost=192.168.1.16

9) Run the batch file and the Status tab says the server is running.
10 )Added the Shared folder "/usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/TEST", Selected Video and deselected Metadata.
11) Changed the Refresh check to 1 minute.
12) Clicked on Force Refresh to ensure I have a refresh going on.
13) Head to my TV and it shows Serviio is running however it fails to list any media. It didn't matter which DLNA device I used, no media was listed but the server was listed and it showed the TEST folder.
14) I bound my IP address 192.168.1.16 and there was no change.

The Windoze XP Serviio Log
Code:
2012-09-13 20:12:33,583 INFO  [ServiioConsole] Starting Serviio Console
2012-09-13 20:12:33,708 INFO  [ServiioConsole] Connecting to Serviio REST on 192.168.1.16:23423
2012-09-13 20:12:34,693 INFO  [Messages] Loaded console message bundle for locale: en

The Jail Serviio Log
Code:
software# tail -f /var/log/serviio/serviio.log
2012-09-13 20:12:26,452 INFO  [DiscoveryAdvertisementNotifier] Starting DiscoveryAdvertisementNotifier
2012-09-13 20:12:26,455 INFO  [DiscoverySSDPMessageListener] Starting DiscoverySSDPMessageListener using interface epair0b (epair0b) and address 192.168.1.16, timeout = 0
2012-09-13 20:12:26,456 INFO  [RendererSearchSender] Searching for Renderer devices
2012-09-13 20:12:26,456 INFO  [RendererExpirationChecker] Starting RendererExpirationChecker
2012-09-13 20:12:33,840 INFO  [UpdateChecker] Checking if a new version is available
2012-09-13 20:12:36,443 INFO  [ContentDirectoryDefinitionParser] Parsing ContentDirectory definition
2012-09-13 20:12:36,890 INFO  [BrowsingCategoriesMessages] Loaded browsing categories message bundle for locale: en
2012-09-13 20:12:52,513 INFO  [FeedUpdaterThread] Started looking for information about online resources
2012-09-13 20:12:52,513 INFO  [LibraryAdditionsCheckerThread] Started looking for newly added files
2012-09-13 20:12:52,514 INFO  [LibraryUpdatesCheckerThread] Started looking for updates to currently shared files

So no obvious errors that I can see. I did disable my Windoze Firewall and AntiVirus completely.

So for some reason the library is not being populated. I'm off to search Serviio forums, maybe something will shine a light on the answer. I figure if someone here can get it to work, I should be able as well.

If someone sees any problem with what I've done, please point it out to me.

One thought, it would be nice to not need the console and being able to just set some variables to make it work. There must be a way.

Thanks,
Mark

ProtoSD

MVP
Hi Mark,

I've kinda given up on Serviio myself as you may have seen in my post above. It sounds like you've done everything right.

The purpose of the TEST video was to eliminate any questions about mount points or permissions causing problems. How much memory do you have allocated to your VM? Just a thought.

Usually if you're tailing the log in the jail, not long after you add TEST to your library you'll see it's name appear in the log. However, Serviio still likes to analyze each video and it can take a few minutes for it to appear to devices.

One thought, it would be nice to not need the console and being able to just set some variables to make it work. There must be a way.

Yeah, this is brilliant thinking on the Serviio guy's part. I think with version 1.0, IF you PAY, you get to use a web GUI. They were kind of dicks to me when I was asking questions awhile back, so don't expect too much.

The new person I've passed the Serviio plugin development to is pretty sharp, but has a lot on their plate too. Next release should be even better, whenever that is.

Something changed between my first and second release with the way the plugins build that caused a few problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.