Serviio 0.6.2 Plugin Ready for Download

How Much Success Did You Have Getting This Plugin To Work?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProtoSD

MVP
Well I made the temporary fix as specified in your blog post, have turned on serviio to ON in the GUI, and am installing the 0.62 client on my PC right now. I take it I'll have to turn MiniDLNA off now?

I'm not sure, but *I think* you should be able to have them both running, maybe not, but you can give it a try.

munificent

Explorer
Turned off MiniDLNA (why gamble?) - seems to be working fine. Very well done! I'll report back if I have problems with it.

Also, I voted in your poll to reflect that.

kryptoman

Dabbler
Thanks for all your effort protosd! I have the Serviio plugin installed and working now. As you mention, the client was a pain to get working. One thing I noticed on the Serviio site is that there are a couple of 3rd party, server side, web based solutions for a client interface. When I find time I might have a play with one of these and see if I can get it set up in the jail. Might be a better option than the client and would work from anywhere then. Anyone else tried one of these?

facethewolf

Dabbler
ProtoSD--You are AWESOME man. I finally got it working...but of course I can't change my vote.
I installed the gui update for Freenas. Updated the plugin pbi...and then suddenly Serviio installed correctly!!
Following your instructions after that was great.

Is there a guide anywhere on how to organize your media so that Serviio will sort them properly? I have 91 video files of the Lord of the Rings Appendices, and in Serviio every one of them has the same title. Is there a way to tell Serviio that this video is the actual movie, and that video is the special feature?
Thank you again. This is Great!!

ProtoSD

MVP
ProtoSD--You are AWESOME man. I finally got it working...but of course I can't change my vote.
I installed the gui update for Freenas. Updated the plugin pbi...and then suddenly Serviio installed correctly!!
Following your instructions after that was great.

Is there a guide anywhere on how to organize your media so that Serviio will sort them properly? I have 91 video files of the Lord of the Rings Appendices, and in Serviio every one of them has the same title. Is there a way to tell Serviio that this video is the actual movie, and that video is the special feature?
Thank you again. This is Great!!

Thanks! :) Glad you finally got it working. I actually know very little about using Seviio, I don't use it myself. There seems to be a lot of documentation in their forums though: forums.serviio.org and on their main site serviio.org.

ProtoSD

MVP
Thanks for all your effort protosd! I have the Serviio plugin installed and working now. As you mention, the client was a pain to get working. One thing I noticed on the Serviio site is that there are a couple of 3rd party, server side, web based solutions for a client interface. When I find time I might have a play with one of these and see if I can get it set up in the jail. Might be a better option than the client and would work from anywhere then. Anyone else tried one of these?

I looked at one of those and it seemed a little rough around the edges. I think the new 1.0 release of Serviio has a PRO (pay) option now with an official web console.

Dooldeniya

Dabbler
Below is the link to the 0.6.2 mac version

http://download.serviio.org/releases/serviio-0.6.2-osx.tar.gz

To get it working on a mac you will need to update the info.plist file and add the following
Code:
 after <string>true</string>, replace "server ip address" with the ip address of your remote server.  I wasn't able to browse to this file on the mac, instead I had to open a terminal window and "cd" into the folder where Serviio console was extracted.

/serviio-0.6.2-osx/Serviio-Console.app/Contents/Info.plist

<key>Properties</key>
      <dict>
         <key>serviio.home</key>
         <string>$JAVAROOT</string>
         <key>java.net.preferIPv4Stack</key>
         <string>true</string>

Code:
         <key>serviio.remoteHost</key>
         <string>server ip address</string>
And goes without saying, much thanks and props to protosd who was willing to develop this pbi even though it wasn't an app he was using...

HAL 9000

Dabbler
On my FreeNAS server Serviio plugin does not work. I can connect to it using serviio console but server does not start scanning for files.
From serviio.log:

Code:
INFO  [RestletServer] Starting Restlet server exposed on 192.168.1.77:23423 
INFO  [Device] Created UPnP Device with UUID: 163bb252-8bb9-344d-a704-55ad0ac6ba08, bound address: 192.168.1.77 
ERROR [DiscoverySSDPMessageListener] Cannot open multicast socket,will try again
java.net.BindException: Address already in use

I've set 192.168.1.77 as 'Bound IP address' in serviio console but it does not help...

ProtoSD

MVP
It looks like an ip address conflict, maybe.

Can you post the output of these commands:
Code:
jexec `jls jid` ifconfig -a
jexec `jls jid` tail /etc/hosts
jexec `jls jid` netstat -a

ProtoSD

MVP
It looks like an ip address conflict, maybe.

Can you post the output of these commands:
Code:
jexec `jls jid` ifconfig -a
jexec `jls jid` tail /etc/hosts
jexec `jls jid` netstat -a

pfonseca

Dabbler
Hi,

2 questions:

First, I get this error when daemon tries to scan the directory with pictures:

[CoverImageService] Cannot convert/resize art to JPG. Message: /usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/openjdk6/jre/lib/amd64/libfontmanager.so: Shared object "libfreetype.so.9" not found, required by "libfontmanager.so"

Second, I have to rum the daemon with th user root and not dlna, because of permissions on my media folder. I've changed that on /usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/etc/rc.d/serviio, but I think it's not enough. After this I won't be able of control the daemon through plugin's interface

Any clues?

Regards,

captainron

Cadet
Hmm....anybody else having trouble activating the plugin? I follow the instructions and when I click On/Off in the GUI, nothing happens.

Nevermind that the Serviio console doesn't work, although I suspect it has to do with my box not turning on properly.

ProtoSD

MVP
First, I get this error when daemon tries to scan the directory with pictures:

[CoverImageService] Cannot convert/resize art to JPG. Message: /usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/openjdk6/jre/lib/amd64/libfontmanager.so: Shared object "libfreetype.so.9" not found, required by "libfontmanager.so"

That's an odd one I suspect might be a bug with the way the plugins are compiled. I'll look into a work around.

Second, I have to rum the daemon with th user root and not dlna, because of permissions on my media folder. I've changed that on /usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/etc/rc.d/serviio, but I think it's not enough. After this I won't be able of control the daemon through plugin's interface

Any clues?

Regards,

Yes, Serviio needs to be run as dlna for several reasons (just like MiniDLNA), why don't you just change the permissions on your media folder?

ProtoSD

MVP
.... when I click On/Off in the GUI, nothing happens.

This usually happens when you don't click the Serviio icon in the tree menu and click OK on the pop-up. Serviio won't start unless the settings database is initialized first.

pfonseca

Dabbler
Hi,

My permissions on the dataset/share that I have the media and is mounted on the jail are something like this:

Owners user root, group malta (the way we Portuguese call for people:))
Mode is 774, or if I understand right, user root and group malta can r/w and others can read

When I login to the jail with user dlna (jexec -U dlna 1 csh) and try to read the media directory I get access denied, not even can read

When I login to the jail with user root (jexec 1 csh) I can see everything on media directory

Don't understand... File/Directory permissions on FreeNAS are a bit weird:(

Regards,

captainron

Cadet
This usually happens when you don't click the Serviio icon in the tree menu and click OK on the pop-up. Serviio won't start unless the settings database is initialized first.

Yes, it seems to turn on for a brief moment but if I check back even 30 seconds later, the option is set back to Off again.

captainron

Cadet
I got it to work! Thanks for your help and hard work on this protosd - wonderful to finally have a server that can spit video to my TV now!

I deleted the plug-in and reinstalled - voila! I suspect there may have been an incorrect path or letter somewhere, not sure where though. Oh well - the console ONLY works if the server is properly setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.