Serviio 0.6.2 Plugin Ready for Download

How Much Success Did You Have Getting This Plugin To Work?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProtoSD

MVP
Since the forums don't have any editing toolbar, this post will be simple!

The Serviio plugin is FINALLY ready, though there are a couple of very minor fixes that need to be done manually at the moment. Once I get some more feedback, I'll update the links with those fixes included in a new pbi. I'll probably update this post more later also, I just wanted to make the announcement.

Here's my blog post with download links:

http://protosd.blogspot.com/2012/08/houston-we-have-liftoff-serviio-plugin.html

Getting the Serviio Console to work can be a real pain in the ass, it's not the plugin!

EDIT: Reminder, some of you still don't understand that you need to install the Plugin Jail PBI before installing any plugins, make sure you do that first!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
good job! I'm assuming this will be very similar to the subsonic plugin I packaged up because their both java programs. I'll definitely check the differences and implement anything that looks beneficial to the subsonic pbi.

ProtoSD

MVP
Java is a pain in the ass too, I think there are a few things you could implement in your plugins. I want to get one more done (JDownloader) and then I can look at yours and offer some tips.

SteveBuscemi

Cadet
Thanks for the plugin, works great!

I only had two minor issues. The default transcoding path of /var/temp didn't work and I had to set it to one of my jail mountpoints to watch transcoded HD video, and finding the 0.6.2 Console was hard since the 1.0 release.

ProtoSD

MVP
Thanks Steve.

I was so busy working on this plugin I didn't realize that Serviio version 1.0 had been released. It'll be a while longer before I can upgrade this plugin to version 1.0. I'll look at a fix for the /var/temp problem and include that in the next 0.6.2 release.

Everyone - PLEASE BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD/USE THE CONSOLE FOR VERSION 0.6.2! The console version needs to match the server version.

ProtoSD

MVP
Steve,

Can you give this a try for me:

jexec 1 csh
mkdir -p /usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/var/temp (If you're using x86, change amd64 to i386)
ln -s /usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/var/temp /var/temp (again change amd64 to i386 if needed)
exit
exit

Change whatever you did with your mountpoint and /var/temp back and then see if this works?

SteveBuscemi

Cadet
Sorry, that should have been /var/tmp not /var/temp, but yes, linking /usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/var/tmp to /var/tmp fixed the problem. Thank you!

facethewolf

Dabbler
"filesystem full" error when trying to install Serviio

I finally got minidlna to run 2 weeks ago.

I upload the Serviio Pbi,
get the dreaded and vague "An Error has Occurred"

And the only message in the bottom log screen is
Aug 3 06:41:08 freenas kernel: pid 86688 (nginx), uid 80 inumber 24719 on /var: filesystem full

What in the world does that mean? The jail and plugins datasets are setup on a drive with 100GB freespace and 4GB reserved for the plugins
Thanks in advance
Thanks ProtoSD for your generator power to compile Serviio. Now if it would just run for me.

ProtoSD

MVP
Sorry to hear things aren't going smoothly Facethewolf. Some of those errors coming from the GUI are just as much a mystery to me...

I need some more details:

What version of FreeNAS are you using and which architecture?

How is your Pool configured?

Do you have any quotas set for your datasets?

Can you open a shell from the GUI and do:

jexec 1 df -h

My guess is that the 4GB you have reserved for Plugins is biting you in the ass ;)

Rks

Dabbler
The setup was a breeze and much happier with serviio. Minidlna is still giving trouble and I deleted it.

This is a great help Protosd - Many thanks and keep up the good work.

facethewolf

Dabbler
It NEVER EVER goes smoothly. I don't know what it is, but it seems to be my curse. On the other hand, I have a knack for making it work anyways, given enough trial and error...and forums to scour

Build: Freenas-8.2.0-RC1-x64 (r11876)

Intel Core2 CPU 6300@1.86Ghz

RAM: 2007MB --(Someday I'll expand that)

Pool meaning harddrives and datasets??
500GB SATA (across 2 drives): Family folders, music collection, etc.
1000GB SATa: Movie Collection
250GB IDE: half full, Jail and plugins datasets, and some movies (I set the permissions for 777 for the whole drive)
I reserved 2GB for jail dataset and 4GB for plugins. No Quotas

And finally "jexec: jail_attach(1): Invalid argument"

Hope that answers all questions?

ProtoSD

MVP
It NEVER EVER goes smoothly. I don't know what it is, but it seems to be my curse. On the other hand, I have a knack for making it work anyways, given enough trial and error...and forums to scour

Boy do I hear that! I think we're in the same curse club!

RAM: 2007MB --(Someday I'll expand that)

Ouch, that should be sooner than later. That can cause a whole slew of unpredictable problems.

I reserved 2GB for jail dataset and 4GB for plugins. No Quotas

What do you mean "reserved"?? How?

I think however you reserved those values, it's not enough, at least for the jail.

And finally "jexec: jail_attach(1): Invalid argument"

Ok, not sure what happened here, but lets try a different approach.

Code:
jls

Look for the number under JID and use that in the next command

jexec JID df -h

If that doesn't work for you, then there's something more wrong than space. Memory really ought to be one of your highest priorities.

facethewolf

Dabbler
Thanks for the response.
In the dataset options there is a line for quota which is "0" and a line for reserved which is "4g"

Turns out my JID is 7. Don't know how that happened
[root@freenas ~]# jexec 7 df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
storage250/Jail 91G 446M 91G 0% /
Thanks

munificent

Explorer
Ok, so I got the horrid 'an error occured'. I am running RC1 and tried to upload the PBI taken from Rapidshare. Boom! Right to 'an error occured'. Could it be that I need the actual 8.2 release rather than RC1? Though if I do upgrade to that, will stop my other PBIs (sab/sb/cp) from working?

ProtoSD

MVP
Ok, so I got the horrid 'an error occured'. I am running RC1 and tried to upload the PBI taken from Rapidshare. Boom! Right to 'an error occured'. Could it be that I need the actual 8.2 release rather than RC1? Though if I do upgrade to that, will stop my other PBIs (sab/sb/cp) from working?

It should work fine on RC1, this error is really pissing me off. The command that is supposed to keep it from happening runs during the plugin install, but it's not initializing the database like it's supposed to.

Open a shell from the GUI and to the following:

Code:
jls

Take the JID you see and use it in the next command

jexec JID /usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/syncdb     (IF you have x86/i386, put i386 instead of amd64)

exit
exit

Then click on the Serviio icon in the tree menu under plugins and click OK.

Now you should be able to start it.

munificent

Explorer
Not sure whether this is a help or a hindrance, but in the best tradition of call centres I rebooted the server and slapped the same PBI up there. Now, as if by magic, it worked (at least, it says it has installed successfully. I have not yet begun to try and configure it).

ProtoSD

MVP
Not sure whether this is a help or a hindrance, but in the best tradition of call centres I rebooted the server and slapped the same PBI up there. Now, as if by magic, it worked (at least, it says it has installed successfully. I have not yet begun to try and configure it).

Post back and let us know if it worked. There's not much to configure, you click on the tree menu icon, click OK, and click the On/Off icon to start it.

munificent

Explorer
Well I made the temporary fix as specified in your blog post, have turned on serviio to ON in the GUI, and am installing the 0.62 client on my PC right now. I take it I'll have to turn MiniDLNA off now?

Status
Not open for further replies.