Serviio 0.6.2 Plugin Ready for Download

How Much Success Did You Have Getting This Plugin To Work?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Hey buddy,
I saw the fact that you spent some time on this so I thought I'd give it a shot. I wouldn't be surprised if the problem has to do with some minor compatibility with the 8.3.0-BETA2 build.

My FreeNAS VM has 4GB RAM, I could up it to 8 or 12GB but I doubt that would make a difference. I also tried music (3 songs) but that didn't populate either.

I'd can hope that the next plugin would be completely configurable from the plugin itself and doesn't need a console. I think having to run a console is not a good thing.

You take care and I'm sure I'll be picking your brain again in the near future about something.

ProtoSD

MVP
I'd can hope that the next plugin would be completely configurable from the plugin itself and doesn't need a console. I think having to run a console is not a good thing.

Sounds like you have plenty of RAM, it works with 1GB, so that's probably not it.

As for the console and configuring from the GUI, it doesn't seem likely, Serviio likes to make it difficult and wants you to pay just to configure with a webgui. It uses a database instead of a config file, like FreeNAS, but I don't know what the format is. I agree, the console sucks.

Thanks for giving it a go! :)

supremicus

Dabbler
Joe have you checked file permissions, thats the issue i had with serviio not populating the shares. That's about the only thing i can think of since the log looks right.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Joe have you checked file permissions, thats the issue i had with serviio not populating the shares. That's about the only thing i can think of since the log looks right.
Wish I saved that VM but it's easy enough to get back there and try that. What would you recommend, 777, sounds easiest for testing purposes.

supremicus

Dabbler
Wish I saved that VM but it's easy enough to get back there and try that. What would you recommend, 777, sounds easiest for testing purposes.

yeah that'll do for testing, hopefully it's the simplest thing and not something major

munificent

Explorer
Proto, first of all let me say thank you for all the work you've done to date. I've had hours of enjoyment thanks to the efforts of guys like you and Joshua. It's appreciated.

I know you're busy with stuff right now, but do you plan to update or revisit this plugin any time soon?

ProtoSD

MVP
Proto, first of all let me say thank you for all the work you've done to date. I've had hours of enjoyment thanks to the efforts of guys like you and Joshua. It's appreciated.

I know you're busy with stuff right now, but do you plan to update or revisit this plugin any time soon?

Thanks Munificent. I made an announcement in this post http://forums.freenas.org/showthrea...ady-for-Download&p=36394&viewfull=1#post36394

I'm sorta homeless at the moment and it's not easy to do anything. I passed this project on to someone, but they're also busy and I don't know what their intentions are.

It also doesn't make a lot of sense to put too much effort into creating plugins since after version 9.0 is released the plugins will not be compatible and need to be done again. The last I read, version 9 was due to be released in December.

Aaron Trout

Cadet
Hi,

I am not having much luck making this plugin work :(

I have my media files mounted at /usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/MEDIA (which I can access from the jail's shell), my console works and I have added both this path and the 'TEST' folder with the single file in it but nothing ever shows up when I browse remotely (tried with xbox 360, built in Windows DLNA browser and RaspBMC but none seem to work).

I have tried changing permissions on the TEST folder with just chmod 777 and also doing a chown to user 'dlna' which seems to have been created by the plugin install but still not getting anything. The permissions on MEDIA should be fairly relaxed as it has guest RW access on the network. Also when clicking 'force refresh' in the console and then looking at the 'show status' - checking for new files stays green for quite a while (at least a couple mins) so I assume it is searching through all the files in MEDIA, but the log at /var/log/serviio/serviio.log isn't really that helpful.

Anybody having similar issues or have any recommendations on things to try in order to get this working?

Cheers,
Aaron

pfonseca

Dabbler
Forget about the plugin, in particular the last version posted. It does'nt work at all. I've rolled back to my Mac version. Configure it as a daemon and it works flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.