Serviio 0.6.2 Plugin Ready for Download

How Much Success Did You Have Getting This Plugin To Work?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kikujiro

Cadet
I've been having lots of issues trying to build an update the fixes several minor problems. HOPEFULLY, I will have a new version posted in the next day and the images should be fixed. I'll make a post here and my blog when it's available.

a good news. Thx Protosd

centex99

Dabbler
What update/fixes will this bring? So far I've only had 1 problem with a given mkv not working with ffmpeg... any chance you'll create a pbi for the latest version (1.0x)?

ProtoSD

MVP
I'm just going to fix the things that you need to manually after installing, and linking /var/tmp to the plugin folder which can affect transcoding. Version 1.0 will need to wait until the port maintainer updates the port. Even if that were to occur now, I'm still too busy to upgrade the plugin. Version 1.0 probably won't happen from me until sometime in November, IF the port is upgraded by then.

EDIT: Oh, and add the JPEG option which I forgot.

centex99

Dabbler
Question... is it possible to just install/compile the software into the jail without making it a "plugin"? Ahh... guess after looking, the 1.01 version is compiled/java based. Can that not be used in the jail? Also, what is the process from taking the software source or compiled state and making it into a plugin?
I have a software engineering background, just haven't dealt too much with Linux in the past. Am definitely interested in learning more so I can help out in the future.

ProtoSD

MVP
Question... is it possible to just install/compile the software into the jail without making it a "plugin"?

http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Plugins#Creating_your_own_FreeNAS.E2.84.A2_PBIs

Ahh... guess after looking, the 1.01 version is compiled/java based. Can that not be used in the jail? Also, what is the process from taking the software source or compiled state and making it into a plugin?
I have a software engineering background, just haven't dealt too much with Linux in the past. Am definitely interested in learning more so I can help out in the future.

FreeBSD is very distantly related to Linux and very different.

I'd be happy to share what I know, but I'm not really in a position at the moment to effectively help. I'm up in the mountains with a small generator, solar panel, and ultra slow mobile broadband connection. Sometime after I return to civilization in October, I'll probably make some videos. You could be a guinea pig ;)

munificent

Explorer
I'm getting periodic disconnects using this plugin, roughly every two hours. I don't know if this is a serviio thing, or a FreeNAS thing or even a hardware thing (HP Microserver) but I was wondering if anyone else was having a similar problem?

ProtoSD

MVP
UPDATED version was just posted, check blog link in first post of this thread. New download links are at the bottom of that post.

The "Last Minute" instructions posted there do not apply to this new version.

YOU CAN NOT USE THE PLUGIN UPDATE FEATURE OF FREENAS, YOU MUST REINSTALL.

The update feature hangs for some reasons and doesn't work, sorry, but you must reinstall.

centex99

Dabbler
Anyone using this with a ps3 and mkv files? It seems I'm having issues with many mkvs not playing correctly. I believe it may be related to the version of ffmpeg, but am not 100% sure.

pfonseca

Dabbler
I have that issue with several MKV generated from DVDs with MakeMKV when I use Serviio 0.6.x on Mac. It's a problem with ffmpeg, the guy who develops Serviio confirmed. Now I use HandBrake and works fine.

kikujiro

Cadet
Hi Protosd, thanks for the new release of pluing.
I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new version. Well, now I see picture and audio files but.... not video. :(
Maybe I am unlucky or I'm newbie but please help me... Does anyone have the same problem? Help me :confused:

centex99

Dabbler
What will it take to get a new version of ffmpeg built to try to solve these issues? I'm willing to help out, just not sure where to start...

ProtoSD

MVP
I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new version. Well, now I see picture and audio files but.... not video. :(

Did you try playing the TEST video like I demonstrated in my blog? You'll need to add the TEST folder to your library.

ProtoSD

MVP
It will have to wait for the port maintainer to update the ffmpeg port, of course after the ffmpeg it's being "ported from" gets fixed. It's a long process and all we can really do is wait. The version of ffmpeg included with Serviio is the most recent AFAIK.

centex99

Dabbler
I don't know that its a bug so much as the fact its a fairly old version of ffmpeg... The latest rev is 0.11.1 I'm not sure what versions will work with serviio 0.6.2... but I was reading one post that said 0.9.2 of ffmpeg works good with that version... so perhaps even the latest version would work great.... and actually, just now I was looking for 0.9.2 port with no luck, but did find that there is a current port of the latest version!!!
http://www.freshports.org/multimedia/ffmpeg-011/
Any chance you can build that into a release or guide me on how to go about installing it into my serviio build to try it out...

ProtoSD

MVP
I'll have to look at it, it took me nearly 3 weeks just to get this last release to build. It was a PITA! You can't just add an updated port into a plugin, it all gets linked during the plugin build and stuff would break. I'll have to look at the dependencies and see if it will work. The FreeNAS plugin system is based on FreeBSD 8.0 and its just a PITA to get things to work together, much less try and explain how to do it.

kikujiro

Cadet
Check permissions. I've already posted about that

The permission is ok.

My disk structure is:
mnt/media/video
mnt/media/audio
mnt/media/photo

All with 755 permission.... audio e photo is ok, video no. I'll try again.

ProtoSD

MVP
The test video should play without changing permissions, that's why I created it, to bypass "other problems".

Take a look at the troubleshooting section in my blog and look at both log files, the one on FreeNAS, and the one where you are running the console. See if you can find any clues. Also when you added the path for the library in the console, I assume you checked the box for videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.