[FreeNAS 9 Plugin] - Syncthing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovizii

Patron
thanks for the suggestion, I didn't think of removing, I had only tried unmounting.
tried removing the storage but that didn't help, now I only get this error:
Code:
Jun 23 20:43:59 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: There was a problem creating the PBI]

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
thanks for the suggestion, I didn't think of removing, I had only tried unmounting.
tried removing the storage but that didn't help, now I only get this error:
Code:
Jun 23 20:43:59 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: There was a problem creating the PBI]
I meant unmount (remove from jail), hope you didn't lose any data.

are you able to install new second instance of syncthing?

ovizii

Patron
I didn't lose any data, as I had just removed the storage, I can simply add it back...
I tried updating the plugin with the storage mounted and unmounted, with the plugin started and stopped, same results.

tried installing another syncthing instance and its been stuck for hours at "(3/6) Creating template"
and the console doesn't say much
Code:
Jun 24 00:00:00 freenas newsyslog[44149]: logfile turned over due to size>100K

I'll leave it running, maybe it'll finish until tomorrow...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I didn't lose any data, as I had just removed the storage, I can simply add it back...
I tried updating the plugin with the storage mounted and unmounted, with the plugin started and stopped, same results.

tried installing another syncthing instance and its been stuck for hours at "(3/6) Creating template"
and the console doesn't say much
Code:
Jun 24 00:00:00 freenas newsyslog[44149]: logfile turned over due to size>100K

I'll leave it running, maybe it'll finish until tomorrow...
sounds like a plugin jail template issue then. not related to syncthing specifically.

ovizii

Patron
It was stuck this morning and GUI crashed, restarting nginx via ssh didn't help.
Thanks for all the help, I don't want to clutter your thread anymore but do you have any more hints?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
It was stuck this morning and GUI crashed, restarting nginx via ssh didn't help.
Thanks for all the help, I don't want to clutter your thread anymore but do you have any more hints?
I'm not sure what causes those template issues. if you don't have any jails you care about you could try deleting your hidden template datasets but I don't know if this actually fixes things.

Hi guys, I'm new on UNIX/FreeNAS and I would like to know where can I set the UMASK on Syncthing PBI.So here are a messy explanation of what I have.
I created a Windows dataset and set it on jail, create a sync with Windows (without ignoring authorizations), when I create an file on windows it is replicated on FreeNAS with permission 644. I some way it is sync back to windows and mess Up the file authorizations (only the Freenas/syncthing can write on it...).
I read that syncthing can't handle ACLs very well but it's very strange

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi guys, I'm new on UNIX/FreeNAS and I would like to know where can I set the UMASK on Syncthing PBI.So here are a messy explanation of what I have.
I created a Windows dataset and set it on jail, create a sync with Windows (without ignoring authorizations), when I create an file on windows it is replicated on FreeNAS with permission 644. I some way it is sync back to windows and mess Up the file authorizations (only the Freenas/syncthing can write on it...).
I read that syncthing can't handle ACLs very well but it's very strange
I would ask on the syncthing forums if is is possible to set this. This is done on the application level is other programs (transmission / sabnzbd/ etc.)

Ok, I saw something similar on transmission, I tought it should be set somewere on plugin (like /usr/local/etc/rc.d). I'm going to set ignore autorizations on syncthing. It's taking too much time of mine, Life should be easer :).
thanks.

Josh Proehl

Cadet
Trying to get the 11.13 release set up to fix a syncing error. My 11.11 PBI install throws the following error when trying to let syncthing upgrade itself:
upgrading: open /usr/pbi/syncthing-amd64/bin/syncthing/syncthing886907277: permission denied

I can resolve this issue by changing some permissions around to let the syncthing user modify the directory, but this makes me wonder if that's the best way or if it will cause problems. I'd like to keep syncthing as hands-off as possible and let it auto-update without requiring intervention, and I'm wondering if futzing with moving it to a standard jail is the better way to achieve this or not. Any suggestions appreciated!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Trying to get the 11.13 release set up to fix a syncing error. My 11.11 PBI install throws the following error when trying to let syncthing upgrade itself:
upgrading: open /usr/pbi/syncthing-amd64/bin/syncthing/syncthing886907277: permission denied

I can resolve this issue by changing some permissions around to let the syncthing user modify the directory, but this makes me wonder if that's the best way or if it will cause problems. I'd like to keep syncthing as hands-off as possible and let it auto-update without requiring intervention, and I'm wondering if futzing with moving it to a standard jail is the better way to achieve this or not. Any suggestions appreciated!
hmm, I thought the way I set things up the syncthing user did own that directory so it could update itself. did you happen to change anything, like the user syncthing runs as?
but, as long as that's the only directory you're changing, what you're doing should work fine and not break stuff.

Josh Proehl

Cadet
I have syncthing:*:983:983 , and the entire /usr/pbi/syncthing-amd64/bin/ path is owned by root:wheel and set to 755.

As far as I can remember I haven't changed anything, but I have been running this for a while.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I have syncthing:*:983:983 , and the entire /usr/pbi/syncthing-amd64/bin/ path is owned by root:wheel and set to 755.

As far as I can remember I haven't changed anything, but I have been running this for a while.
ahh, OK. I tested in-app updating and it worked, might be because yours wasn't a fresh install like I tested. OK, hopefully it keeps working for you.

Josh Proehl

Cadet
I've get it auto-updating now and hopefully that will continue to work. Thanks so much for the speedy response, and for your work on FreeNAS plugins!

As a secondary question, is there a FreeNAS plugin process creation guide that you like? There are a couple of packages I'm interested in creating PBI's for for reproducibility across multiple installs, and I haven't really found much on the process that isn't kinda out of date. (And even less on how plugins get integrated into FreeNAS for others to use!)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I've get it auto-updating now and hopefully that will continue to work. Thanks so much for the speedy response, and for your work on FreeNAS plugins!

As a secondary question, is there a FreeNAS plugin process creation guide that you like? There are a couple of packages I'm interested in creating PBI's for for reproducibility across multiple installs, and I haven't really found much on the process that isn't kinda out of date. (And even less on how plugins get integrated into FreeNAS for others to use!)
here are my notes I wrote before
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/more-plugins.14626/page-2#post-175364

mskenderian

Contributor
it doesnt, i get a permission error.

"2015-07-15 07:47:38: upgrading: open /usr/pbi/syncthing-amd64/bin/syncthing/syncthing210783166: permission denied"

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
it doesnt, i get a permission error.
have you been updating the same instance for a while? I must not have tested updating from earlier versions.

maybe this would fix it for you
Code:
chown -R syncthing:syncthing /usr/pbi/syncthing-amd64/bin/syncthing

mskenderian

Contributor
that worked on one of my jails, the other one i had to run that command and also change permissions to 755, now both my jails are up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.