[FreeNAS 9 Plugins] - SAB / SB / CP / HP / Maraschino / HTPC / Mylar / LL / Gamez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scharbag

Guru
i gotta update the PBI.

I installed the upgrade but SABnzbd would not launch as it complained about access to /va/db/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini file. I have used the option of revising the user that launches the plugin to ensure my file permissions are happy.

I then installed a new instance of SAB and it would launch using the default user setup. I then changed the plugin user on this new instance and arrived at the same permission issue with the ini file.

This is what I am doing to change the plugin user:

Code:
service sabnzbd onestop
chown -R Spark:staff /var/db/PLUGIN
sysrc 'PLUGIN_user=Spark’
service sabnzbd start

The file permissions are (this is of my old plugin that works, new plugin jail was the same):

Code:
total 35
drwxr-xr-x  4 Spark  staff     4 Aug 11 17:14 Downloads
drwxr-xr-x  3 Spark  staff     9 Sep 22 21:03 admin
drwxr-xr-x  2 Spark  staff     9 Sep 17 21:14 logs
-rw-------  1 Spark  staff  6660 Sep 22 19:46 sabnzbd.ini
-rw-------  1 Spark  staff  6660 Sep 22 19:46 sabnzbd.ini.bak
drwxr-xr-x  2 Spark  staff     8 Aug 13 12:28 scripts

I did not capture the error (sorry) and I deleted the jail. The error did centre around /var/db/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini. I even deleted the .ini file and the error became "unable to create .ini file."

I rolled back to a 1.0.3 snapshot of the jail (ZFS is just too pimp) and everything is still working well (although the GUI now thinks I am on 1.1.0, details...). No pressing need to update but I do like being current. Any help or suggestions would be great. If you need me to re-create the issue, that I can do.

Thank you for providing all these great plugins!!!

Cheers,

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I installed the upgrade but SABnzbd would not launch as it complained about access to /va/db/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini file. I have used the option of revising the user that launches the plugin to ensure my file permissions are happy.

I then installed a new instance of SAB and it would launch using the default user setup. I then changed the plugin user on this new instance and arrived at the same permission issue with the ini file.

This is what I am doing to change the plugin user:

Code:
service PLUGIN onestop
chown -R Spark:staff /var/db/PLUGIN
sysrc 'PLUGIN_user=Spark’
service PLUGIN start

The file permissions are (this is of my old plugin that works, new plugin jail was the same):

Code:
total 35
drwxr-xr-x  4 Spark  staff     4 Aug 11 17:14 Downloads
drwxr-xr-x  3 Spark  staff     9 Sep 22 21:03 admin
drwxr-xr-x  2 Spark  staff     9 Sep 17 21:14 logs
-rw-------  1 Spark  staff  6660 Sep 22 19:46 sabnzbd.ini
-rw-------  1 Spark  staff  6660 Sep 22 19:46 sabnzbd.ini.bak
drwxr-xr-x  2 Spark  staff     8 Aug 13 12:28 scripts

I did not capture the error (sorry) and I deleted the jail. The error did centre around /var/db/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini. I even deleted the .ini file and the error became "unable to create .ini file."

I rolled back to a 1.0.3 snapshot of the jail (ZFS is just too pimp) and everything is still working well (although the GUI now thinks I am on 1.1.0, details...). No pressing need to update but I do like being current. Any help or suggestions would be great. If you need me to re-create the issue, that I can do.

Thank you for providing all these great plugins!!!

Cheers,
you did actually replace PLUGIN with sabnzbd in this commands right?

Scharbag

Guru
lol, yes I did. :) just copied that out of my text file and did not replace the placeholder (for the purposes of this thread).

The commands execute without error.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
lol, yes I did. :) just copied that out of my text file and did not replace the placeholder.
so it still doesn't work? can you show the output of "cat /etc/rc.conf"

Scharbag

Guru
On a new install of the plugin:

Code:
root@sabnzbd_2:/ # pw useradd -n Spark -u XXX -d /nonexistent -s /usr/sbin/nologin
root@sabnzbd_2:/ # service sabnzbd onestart
Starting sabnzbd.
root@sabnzbd_2:/ # service sabnzbd onestop
Stopping sabnzbd.
Waiting for PIDS: 46292.
root@sabnzbd_2:/ # chown -R Spark:staff /var/db/sabnzbd/
root@sabnzbd_2:/ # sysrc 'PLUGIN_user=Spark'
PLUGIN_user:  -> Sparky
root@sabnzbd_2:/ # service sabnzbd onestart
Starting sabnzbd.

Fatal error:
  "/var/db/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini" is not a valid configuration file<br>Error message: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/db/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini'
Specify a correct file or delete this file.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sabnzbd: WARNING: failed to start sabnzbd

Lol, as I capture this I realize I am a tool... I did forget to change the one PLUGIN to sabnzbd... DOH.

My bad. So...

Now to figure out why FreeNAS will not show me my installed plugins list.

Thank you for the help, sorry for being a noob.

Cheers,

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
well glad you got it figured out. I also need to disable VIMAGE and assign an network interface to each of my plugin jails, for the Plugins>Installed page to show properly.

Scharbag

Guru
Code:
root@sabnzbd_1:/ # cat /etc/rc.conf
portmap_enable="NO"
sshd_enable="NO"
sendmail_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
hostname="sabnzbd_1"
devfs_enable="YES"
devfs_system_ruleset="devfsrules_common"
inet6_enable="YES"
ip6addrctl_enable="YES"
sabnzbd_conf_dir="/var/db/sabnzbd"
sabnzbd_user="Spark"
sabnzbd_group="media"
sabnzbd_enable="YES"
root@sabnzbd_1:/ #

That is the old version. Still strange that the upgrade failed. Oh well, easy to move settings to new jail.

And with the VIMAGE thing, I need a full stack in some of the jails to allow for VPN tunnels. So it would be nice if VIMAGE was still a possibility for plugins.

Cheers,

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Code:
root@sabnzbd_1:/ # cat /etc/rc.conf
portmap_enable="NO"
sshd_enable="NO"
sendmail_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
hostname="sabnzbd_1"
devfs_enable="YES"
devfs_system_ruleset="devfsrules_common"
inet6_enable="YES"
ip6addrctl_enable="YES"
sabnzbd_conf_dir="/var/db/sabnzbd"
sabnzbd_user="Spark"
sabnzbd_group="media"
sabnzbd_enable="YES"
root@sabnzbd_1:/ #

That is the old version. Still strange that the upgrade failed. Oh well, easy to move settings to new jail.

And with the VIMAGE thing, I need a full stack in some of the jails to allow for VPN tunnels. So it would be nice if VIMAGE was still a possibility for plugins.

Cheers,
it's because I set the user as media during every upgrade, because I now base the plugin on the upstream sabnzbdplus port which uses a different user by default. so just some bad hacking on my part. I'll fix this with future upgrades, just realized I can check if /var/db/sabnzbd already exists first.

ahh, the disabling VIMAGE might just be for my system cause I have 2 interfaces defined.

Scharbag

Guru
I also have 2 interfaces defined... But I only use 1. Might need to remove one.

carleycr

Patron
Maybe you can try running the 'nzbToSickBeard.py' script directly and see if that pops up any errors. Maybe you don't have python2 available?
You could also start a bug on the nzbtomedia github. They might have more ideas/tips to debug the empty log file, which shows the script is running, but probably fails because it never logs.
How and where do I run that script? Any risks?
I assume I'd need to check for phyton2 in my jail? If so how would I do that/install?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
How and where do I run that script? Any risks?
I assume I'd need to check for phyton2 in my jail? If so how would I do that/install?
the script is in /usr/local/share/nzbToMedia
you run "./name-of-script" in that directory.

you could try running 'python2'
if its not there run 'pkg install python2'

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
@Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Can I make a plugin request? https://github.com/theotherp/nzbhydra

Don't think it requires anything fancy to run on FreeNAS (it ran the first time I tried) so I think it would just need the basic magic packaging that you do.

Thanks! Glad you're still doing this, you're a hero :D
Well it's been 3 months but I finally got around to it. The NZBHydra plugin should be available from the FreeNAS repository tomorrow.

denist

Contributor
Hi guys is it safe to update freenas to 9.10.1 from 9.3 while retaining the plugins or should I recreate the jails??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi guys is it safe to update freenas to 9.10.1 from 9.3 while retaining the plugins or should I recreate the jails??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was able to do that particular update without resetting up my jails. though I don't know if it'll work for everyone.

Wolfeman0101

Patron
SABnzbd v1.1.1 is out. Is there any way to update like with the other plugins or do we have to wait for an update to the PBI?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
SABnzbd v1.1.1 is out. Is there any way to update like with the other plugins or do we have to wait for an update to the PBI?
sabnznd doesn't have its own update mechanism like the other plugins, you would normally wait for the PBI to be available. but, if you really want you could replace the source files in share/sabnzbdplus and lib/python2.7/sabnzbd

Wolfeman0101

Patron
sabnznd doesn't have its own update mechanism like the other plugins, you would normally wait for the PBI to be available. but, if you really want you could replace the source files in share/sabnzbdplus and lib/python2.7/sabnzbd
I can wait. Nothing major in this update. Can you post here where it's available?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sure, i won't have time this week but likely next

carleycr

Patron
the script is in /usr/local/share/nzbToMedia
you run "./name-of-script" in that directory.

you could try running 'python2'
if its not there run 'pkg install python2'

I've given up on trying to fix why the script won't run. I did run the python install and it looks like it was pretty out of date. Maybe that caused the issue. It's getting pretty old haivng to manually modify new files when the download. I'd like to just go through your guide again on setting up the plugins. Can you recommend a process to completely install the plugins from scratch. Would I need to delete my jail? Any risks you can see with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.