[FreeNAS 9 Plugins] - SAB / SB / CP / HP / Maraschino / HTPC / Mylar / LL / Gamez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
that shouldn't be too difficult, by I do have a few things that are more pressing at the moment.

what's the use of it? compared to say, letting sickrage search directly?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
that shouldn't be too difficult, by I do have a few things that are more pressing at the moment.

ClayM

Explorer

So it's actually neat idea. You plug in all your indexers and it can do a couple things:

1) use nzbhydra as your search engine - it will search all your indexers and give you a consolidated list of results across all indexers. it's smart enough to know the categories and can send to sabnzbd or nzbget appropriately

2) (and why i love it) use nzbhydra as a proxy for your sickrage/couchpotato/etc. In those apps, the only indexer is nzbhydra, and it proxies all requests for you. so the next time you find a new indexer, you just add it to nzbhydra and it's now provided for all your apps.

it also lets you set api limits for indexers so you're not banging away at ones that aren't returning results

it also tracks statistics, so you can see which indexers are doing the best job and worth your $ ;D

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Is there a thread for the Sonarr plugin? I'm having permission issues.
I don't think I created one. though there is a plugin permission thread I started on the How-To section which may be of help.

SFAJeff

Dabbler
@Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Can I make a plugin request? https://github.com/theotherp/nzbhydra

Don't think it requires anything fancy to run on FreeNAS (it ran the first time I tried) so I think it would just need the basic magic packaging that you do.

Thanks! Glad you're still doing this, you're a hero :D

Can you start a post about how to install nzbhydra on FreeNAS. I have not been able to get it to work, thanks in advance.

ClayM

Explorer
Can you start a post about how to install nzbhydra on FreeNAS. I have not been able to get it to work, thanks in advance.
What problem exactly are you having? I don't think I actually had to do anything other than run it.

Ray Milyard

Patron
So has anyone did any testing with all these plugins yet under FreeNAS 10? I would like to upgrade when released but not if going to break this all.

Fredde

Explorer
So has anyone did any testing with all these plugins yet under FreeNAS 10? I would like to upgrade when released but not if going to break this all.

Freenas 10 Dont have plugins/jails. It uses docker apps now. Or atleast how i understood!

And IF you Dont wanna break things, Dont install freenas 10-beta. Wait till -RELEASE.

carleycr

Patron
Hello. about a year and a half ago I used Joshua's blog to setup plugins and jail. About 8 months ago the post processing script to move media to their respective folder stopped working. The downloads go into the correct complete/incomplete folders, but stop there. I've been just dealing with it and manually moving and renaming for a while now. I successfully updated from 9.3 stable to 9.10 stable thinking that might help, but it didn't. I posted on this thread months back and Joshua recommended double checking settings based on his blog. I did and everything matches, but still is not fully working. I even updated the post processing script from github and still nothing. Can someone please help me fix this. I'd rather not have to uninstall all plugins and re-setup everything.

Thanks in advance.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hello. about a year and a half ago I used Joshua's blog to setup plugins and jail. About 8 months ago the post processing script to move media to their respective folder stopped working. The downloads go into the correct complete/incomplete folders, but stop there. I've been just dealing with it and manually moving and renaming for a while now. I successfully updated from 9.3 stable to 9.10 stable thinking that might help, but it didn't. I posted on this thread months back and Joshua recommended double checking settings based on his blog. I did and everything matches, but still is not fully working. I even updated the post processing script from github and still nothing. Can someone please help me fix this. I'd rather not have to uninstall all plugins and re-setup everything.

Thanks in advance.
I suggest you clear out the log files in /usr/local/share/nzbToMedia/logs, then reproduce the issue. Then post the logfiles here and in a bug on the nzbtomedia github repo

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
i gotta update the PBI.

carleycr

Patron
I suggest you clear out the log files in /usr/local/share/nzbToMedia/logs, then reproduce the issue. Then post the logfiles here and in a bug on the nzbtomedia github repo
I have 3 files in that location. nzbtomedia.log, nzbmedia.log.1 and nzbtomedia.pid. Do I delete all 3 files or just the log files?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I have 3 files in that location. nzbtomedia.log, nzbmedia.log.1 and nzbtomedia.pid. Do I delete all 3 files or just the log files?
you can delete all 3. the pidfile probably shouldn't be there unless nzbtomedia is currently running. maybe that's causing some issues.

carleycr

Patron
you can delete all 3. the pidfile probably shouldn't be there unless nzbtomedia is currently running. maybe that's causing some issues.
So I deleted the 3 files. Sickrage downloaded a new file. However, when I open the log file via terminal or NFS share, there is no data in it. There is also the pid file back in the location even though there is no file being downloaded in Sab or Transmission, nor are there any files being seeded. Thoughts or anything else I can post for troubleshooting?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So I deleted the 3 files. Sickrage downloaded a new file. However, when I open the log file via terminal or NFS share, there is no data in it. There is also the pid file back in the location even though there is no file being downloaded in Sab or Transmission, nor are there any files being seeded. Thoughts or anything else I can post for troubleshooting?
Maybe you can try running the 'nzbToSickBeard.py' script directly and see if that pops up any errors. Maybe you don't have python2 available?
You could also start a bug on the nzbtomedia github. They might have more ideas/tips to debug the empty log file, which shows the script is running, but probably fails because it never logs.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Is that the only way to update if we installed through the plugins menu? Thanks for keeping this current.
I'd say it is the only proper way. PBI's don't interact with the pkg system so you can't use that to upgrade the files. You could manually overwrite the source files, but that would be more complicated then just installing from pkg.

Status
Not open for further replies.