[Release Thread] SAB / SB / CP / HP / Maraschino / LL / Gamez

Status
Not open for further replies.

garfunkel

Dabbler
Hey, how are these plugins being made? I'm trying to use pbi_makepbi to build a PBI, but it complains that there are no mirrors, so I create one in a new file in /usr/local/share/pcbsd/conf/iso-mirror, (http://iso.cdn.pcbsd.org), but then it seems to look for a release on that server called "9.1-STABLE", but on the server it seems like the same thing is called "9.1-RELEASE", and so it can't find what it's trying to download...

It's annoying, there are instructions in the wiki, but they involve the use of a GUI tool, I'm not installing X on my server, I just want to make my own plugins using the command line, but I just can't get it to do anything useful... :(

humod aman

Cadet
I believe I've answered this multiple times. I will have plugins for all of these. I am just too too busy to work on them currently. I am in escrow for my first home, then I need to get settled / wire the place. Then I'll definitly get working on these (expect 1-2 months).

hi
still waiting for your release, i know you are busy with the new home (good luck with that), but can you please free some time for us here.

thanks

bbddpp

Explorer
Just so I am clear here -- If I upgrade from FreeNAS 8.3.1 to 9.1.x, all these plugins that I currently have stable and working well, will no longer function, correct?

If that's the case, I'm actually going to wait. I rely on these so much that I'd rather keep the old FreeNAS that these work under than upgrade and lose them!

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Just so I am clear here -- If I upgrade from FreeNAS 8.3.1 to 9.1.x, all these plugins that I currently have stable and working well, will no longer function, correct?

If that's the case, I'm actually going to wait. I rely on these so much that I'd rather keep the old FreeNAS that these work under than upgrade and lose them!
I'm totally with you and I'm following a bunch of threads just waiting for it all to work on 9.1 before I upgrade.

bbddpp

Explorer
Then again, in digging around I see there were some new versions done by Master Gollom - Maybe that's all we need to do is upgrade and then re-install these? It might be a pain to start over, but then we're not putting so much pressure on poor Josh too.

calgarychris

Contributor
I had the same dilemma - I can confirm that Sab, SB and CP are all working in 9.1.1 no issues - I'm hoping that Headphones won't be too far behind...and they've got a few others now that I don't use - Plex, MiniDLNA etc...If you're not married to HP/Marischino/LL or Gamez make the move I say...

Hanz001

Cadet
I had the same dilemma - I can confirm that Sab, SB and CP are all working in 9.1.1 no issues - I'm hoping that Headphones won't be too far behind...and they've got a few others now that I don't use - Plex, MiniDLNA etc...If you're not married to HP/Marischino/LL or Gamez make the move I say...

I am looking to upgrade to 9.1.1 and am not married to HP/Maraschino/LL. If I upgrade, are the SAB, SB, & CP pbi's available in the new jail setup area, or do I have to upload the PBI's manually like I did in 8.3?

Edit - Please disregard my question. Looks like there is still a bit of work that needs to be done before these plugins are ready for prime time in 9.1.1.

bbddpp

Explorer

Thanks Chris - So you just stuck with them installed as-is and they kept working?

Or did you start from scratch with the new Gollom ones?

I don't mind starting over even, just need to prepare to have the time to do so and reconfigure, etc, try and get my existing settings over, if I go that route of the new PBIs.

calgarychris

Contributor
You have to use the new ones from Master Gollum.

bbddpp

Explorer
Thanks for confirming. Now I just need to find a way to back up all those settings so I don't have to start totally over with them.

Something tells me that installing the PBIs is going to just install fresh default copies and I'll lose all my config in the current versions. Which isn't a huge deal, but it would still be nice to not have to re-do it all again.

Status
Not open for further replies.