[FreeNAS 9 Plugins] - SAB / SB / CP / HP / Maraschino / HTPC / Mylar / LL / Gamez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
One other thing. Couchpotato will not download media. I click download next to the movie and

Thanks Joshua. I was able to find something on the forums to copy over my global DNS settings to the jail and that seems to have fixed it. I'm almost all back up and running now. The last issue I'm running into is one i've had before, but i'm not sure how i fixed it. Attached screenshot. Thoughts?

I've tried running chmod command in jail on that directory with no luck. I'm also running Sab 1.2.0 [1be50eb] on the latest 9.10.2-U1 build.

View attachment 15846
I hope you dont mean you changed the permissions of your entire jail (/), just the dataset you mount into the jail (/mnt/media).

of you show the output of "ls -l /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd" it should be clear

carleycr

Patron
I hope you dont mean you changed the permissions of your entire jail (/), just the dataset you mount into the jail (/mnt/media).

of you show the output of "ls -l /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd" it should be clear
I ran the chmod 777 command only on the incomplete downloads folder thinking that would work. Screenshot of output of you're mentioned command.
Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 8.19.58 AM.png

The odd part is I'm getting that error, but I attempt to download a file and it said it successfully processed it and moved it to the completed TV folder. I checked that folder and the tv show folder it's suppose to move to and it's not in either. I checked the the jail to makes sure nothing changed as far as storage goes and it's still the same storage source and destination.

carleycr

Patron

Here's another screenshot of what I'm seeing in SAB. I'm not sure what it's saying about API. It shows a file was successfully processed, but when I go to the jail folder and dataset folder (where it's setup to go) I don't see the file in completed downloads or the tv show folder. Thoughts?
Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.10.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.13.49 AM.png

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I ran the chmod 777 command only on the incomplete downloads folder thinking that would work. Screenshot of output of you're mentioned command.
View attachment 15853

The odd part is I'm getting that error, but I attempt to download a file and it said it successfully processed it and moved it to the completed TV folder. I checked that folder and the tv show folder it's suppose to move to and it's not in either. I checked the the jail to makes sure nothing changed as far as storage goes and it's still the same storage source and destination.
you have windows ACLs enabled, I dont help with those.

carleycr

Patron

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Are you referring to the permissions type of my dataset? If so, if I change that, what risks/impact does that have?
yes i am. that is usually how they get set on files, but disabling it in the FreeNAS webui will not remove them I believe.

I dont know the risks, I have never enabled them for my or family members systems, and dont intend to ever learn about them further.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So does FreeNAS 10 kill these plugins? Will there be no more updates?
FreeNAS 10 doesn't use these plugins (which use the PBI format).

The only plugin mentioned here I need to update is sabnzbd, I will continue to update that until 9.10 is no longer supported. The other plugins have in-app updates so you can continue to update them forever.

Ray Milyard

Patron
If someone gets stuff running in FreeNAS 10 it would be nice for them to write a guide. Not sure if anyone has even tried it yet. Right now I don't have a space system to try it out on so don't want to mess up what is working on 9.10.

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
I upgraded but changed my boot to 9.10 until someone writes up a tutorial. Migrating Plex alone doesn't do much for me as I need Sonarr/Couchpotato to always run. Another issue is if NzbToMedia will be ported over too.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I upgraded but changed my boot to 9.10 until someone writes up a tutorial. Migrating Plex alone doesn't do much for me as I need Sonarr/Couchpotato to always run. Another issue is if NzbToMedia will be ported over too.
nzbtomedia doesn't really make sense packaged up as a plugin/docker image since on its own it doesn't run a service.
also it need to be accessible from other plugins to be triggered. it makes sense to install in a jail with git since its a virtual OS, not sure if the same can be done with docker.

maybe a good way to handle this with docker is to have the code on a dataset you share into the jails. kind of a crappy workaround, but should work.

ShinobiX9X

Contributor
Hello,
Thanks to Joshua ive been using the pbi's for quite some years.
I used sickbeard, later sickrage with couchpotato and transmission. Also Emby.
Headphones to, but doesn't work as good.

Do i understand correctly, we'll need to find a way to use docker instead of jails?
So couchpotatodockerimage + sickragedockerimage etc.
I'm willing to go that way, but i'd like to know if some one has that running and with a how to for us.

For the moment i have my jails running and working, if i upgrade to Freenas 10 and can't make it work with dockers, jails won work either in there, even if still on pool?

If some one has more accurate info for me, thanks.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I personally wouldn't use the docker images since they are Linux based. if anything I would setup a freebsd VM and install all of these programs there. ill do a writeup on my blog some point in the future how to do this.

but im not going to be upgrading my production system any time soon, I'm sticking to FreeNAS 9.10 since I prefer the native performance jails give.

I'm not sure if you can revert with your jails after an upgrade. your jails should still be on disk, so you might be able to if you backup/restore your config.

ClayM

Explorer
SABnzbd 2.0 wants to use sabyenc, which is normally installed as a pip plugin.

I can install it in the jail, but the sab plugin uses it's own install of python. Is there a way to have the local python install use that sabyenc package?

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
SABnzbd 2.0 wants to use sabyenc, which is normally installed as a pip plugin.

I can install it in the jail, but the sab plugin uses it's own install of python. Is there a way to have the local python install use that sabyenc package?
I'm wondering if there is a way to tell pip which Python instance you want to install to?
maybe if I include sabyenc with the plugin it will be linked correctly?

marcevan

Patron
I upgraded to V11 some time ago.

My main to-dos when jumping up a level are:

1. Boot drive (your USB stick): remove interim boot-up images as they eat up space and you'll get warnings on disk full. Either remove interims so you have your 9.10 still and nothing between it and 11 or just keep last known working image if you've stepped up.

2. Jails: You'll get a new set of jails with the jail image for v11. You can deprecate old jails or just turn them off until you're comfortable on v11.

3. Plugins: Usually, and this depends on how many and which you use, some will be back on and some will be off when you boot up on v11. Typically I get the dreaded "some error occurred" or similar trying to turn on a plugin like Plex but one more reboot usually clears that. Also make sure to update plugins that have later releases or on autoupdate but pending you doing that.

That's my usual list of to-dos. I know this is a long, long (81 pages) thread but I don't get into the command line to do anything - I didn't get FreeNAS GUI just to have to do old-school methods.

ShinobiX9X

Contributor
Hi, i upgraded to 11 a month ago. plugins that i use seem to work fine.
emby, couchpotato, sickrage, transmission.
I didn't upgrade the ZFS pool yet.

travanx

Explorer
Status
Not open for further replies.