sabnzbd / sickbeard / couchpotato pbi's

Status
Not open for further replies.

fn123

Cadet
Hi guys, i am fairly new to FreeNas plugins.
But i have set them up according to this guide ( http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...-SABnzbd-Sickbeard-and-Headphones-Setup-Guide )

Plugin install worked fine, i even reach the sabnzbd website. Seems to work!

But when i want to start the sickbeard plugin i only get "some error occured"... reinstalling the plugin does not fix this.

Is that a known bug to Freenas 8.3 and the 1.1 plugin version ?
Or is there a logfile where i can get detailed error messages ?

Hoping for someone pointing me into the right direction!

toddos

Contributor
Hi guys, i am fairly new to FreeNas plugins.
But i have set them up according to this guide ( http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...-SABnzbd-Sickbeard-and-Headphones-Setup-Guide )

Plugin install worked fine, i even reach the sabnzbd website. Seems to work!

But when i want to start the sickbeard plugin i only get "some error occured"... reinstalling the plugin does not fix this.

Is that a known bug to Freenas 8.3 and the 1.1 plugin version ?
Or is there a logfile where i can get detailed error messages ?

Hoping for someone pointing me into the right direction!

This is currently a known issue with the 1.1 plugin. See this.

fn123

Cadet
Got it working for now.
At the moment i am getting low download speeds on my NL36 (1-2 mb/sec), but hopefully i can fix that soon.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Got it working for now.
At the moment i am getting low download speeds on my NL36 (1-2 mb/sec), but hopefully i can fix that soon.

is this reported from sabnzbd? cause sabnzbd suually reports in mB/s (megabytes) = 8 mb/s (megabits)
1-2 megabytes per second isn't a terrible download speed for regular home internet though could be much faster

fn123

Cadet
The issue was another: The Articles were affected by a takedown.
After trying another nzb i get the full 5,6 mb/sec

ShaharHD

Dabbler
Got it working for now.

I tried to add the sickbeard_enabled="YES" to the rc.conf in /etc/ in the jail.

but I'm still having issue starting this jail from the web GUI.

if I go via shell, jexec ... I can do service sickbeard start - and it will work fine.

any idea why?

skunkworx

Cadet
I have V1.0 installed of sabnzbd, sickbeard, couchpotato, headphones, maraschino and am just installing 1.1 of lazylibrarian & gamez.

Is there an benefit in installing v1.1 of the 1.0 plugins?

toddos

Contributor
I tried to add the sickbeard_enabled="YES" to the rc.conf in /etc/ in the jail.

but I'm still having issue starting this jail from the web GUI.

if I go via shell, jexec ... I can do service sickbeard start - and it will work fine.

any idea why?

If you refresh the GUI after doing the service start from the command line, does it reflect the status of the service? I had to manually start it once, but then the GUI reflected the proper status and I could stop and start from the GUI afterwards.

toddos

Contributor
Can anyone make a PBI of the 1080p web-dl branch of SickBeard?

https://github.com/thezoggy/Sick-Beard

Or point me in a direction so I can compile it.

If that branch is otherwise kept up to date with the main, why not just replace the sickbeard folder in the existing PBI? Install the PBI, then go into your jail and git clone the 1080p web-dl branch into the /usr/pbi/sickbeard-`uname -m`/SickBeard folder, replacing what's currently there.

ShaharHD

Dabbler
If you refresh the GUI after doing the service start from the command line, does it reflect the status of the service? I had to manually start it once, but then the GUI reflected the proper status and I could stop and start from the GUI afterwards.

Yes, its reflected.

but, if rebooting the machine, then due to the manual enable of the service in rc.conf, jails are failing to load correctly.

I wonder if there's a way in some logs to see what causing the issue?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Good idea, didn't think of that.

Is there a reason these branches aren't merged to the master sickbeard branch? seems like there's no need to keep them separate if all they do is add some functionality.

erode

Dabbler
Have those people submitted their pull requests? Maybe SB devs aren't aware of these good ideas.

erode

Dabbler
Does anybody have issues with CouchPotato crashing when restarting it? It never comes back up, so I make an attempt to restart the service and it will not restart. It requires me to reboot FreeNAS. If anybody has a better solution to that I'm all ears.

Maybe the inability to restart is because of the PBI -- I am not sure but thought I would bring it up.

toddos

Contributor
Does anybody have issues with CouchPotato crashing when restarting it? It never comes back up, so I make an attempt to restart the service and it will not restart. It requires me to reboot FreeNAS. If anybody has a better solution to that I'm all ears.

Maybe the inability to restart is because of the PBI -- I am not sure but thought I would bring it up.

Did you check if the pid file is sticking around when it shouldn't? I've had that happen a handful of times with no obvious cause. When stuff like this happens (can't start from the GUI), your first step should always be to go to the console and run "service whatever start", like "service couchpotato start". If that fails, it will generally tell you why ("can't start because whatever is already running" when it's obviously not == the pid file is still around and needs to be deleted).

erode

Dabbler
To be honest, I looked for the pid in the task list but couldn't figure out which was associated to couchpotato specifically. I spent all weekend installing a Teamspeak3 server and was in the guts of it so I think I picked up a few tricks I could use to help me diagnose CouchPotato. When it crashes again I will do some analysis and report back. Thanks for your suggestions toddos.

Status
Not open for further replies.