FreeNAS-8.3.0 / BETA1 / x64 - Plugins Not Recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkCuddles

Dabbler
Hey guys.

I've recently built a new NAS, and decided to give FreeNAS a go. I installed 8.2.0 but found it didn't have support for my nic (Realtek 8111F) so I've been forced onto the 8.3.0 BETA.

I completed the inital setup, I can connect to and browse my volume and all appears well with the install. I've decided I would like to install some plugins so I've gone to install the Plugin jail, following the instructions here http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Plug_ins I was able to set up the jail and start the plugin service without issue.

At this point I decided to try to get sabnzbd and sickbeard going, using the plugins found in this thread: http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?6221-sabnzbd-sickbeard-couchpotato-pbi-s but I was immediately prompted, when I tried to upload them, with a message saying the file isn't in PBI format or is corrupt. This occured for Joshuas sickbeard, sabnzbd and couchpotato plugins. As I understand it, these have been updated today as well.

As a test case, I decided to install transmission, I downloaded it from the plugins folder for 8.3.0 (same as the plugins jail) and have confirmed the checksum matches so the file is as is. I received the same error (not in pbi format or corrupt) for this file.

Has anyone else done a fresh install of 8.3.0 and can confirm this? Is this likely to be a bug, or is this a known "I screwed things up somehow".
I couldn't see any reference to a pbi or plugin ticket for the 8.3.0 release in the ticketing system.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
There might be another underlying error and the system is showing you a wrong error message... Did you download the PBIs for the right architecture?
What filesystem are you using? What are the paths you used for plugin and jail?

I cannot reproduce your bug, unfortunately.

DarkCuddles

Dabbler
I definitely got the correct PBI's. I did a full rebuild and it all seems to be working fine this time. I'm not sure what I did, but I must've done something wrong the first time through. Should be fine to close this off.

Status
Not open for further replies.