sabnzbd / sickbeard / couchpotato pbi's

Status
Not open for further replies.

calgarychris

Contributor
Hi,

Still struggling to get CP to work. I've gotten sab and SB working, as they were with plugins 0.8, but CP refuses to start. I've tried loading via the gui and I've tried cli via service couchpotato onestart. Although it says it's starting, doing a service couchpotato status tells me it's not running. Is there any log output I can post that you guys might be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Chris

Running 8.2 with v1.0 plugins

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi,

Still struggling to get CP to work. I've gotten sab and SB working, as they were with plugins 0.8, but CP refuses to start. I've tried loading via the gui and I've tried cli via service couchpotato onestart. Although it says it's starting, doing a service couchpotato status tells me it's not running. Is there any log output I can post that you guys might be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Chris

Running 8.2 with v1.0 plugins

You can edit the startup file /usr/local/etc/rc.d/couchpotato and remove '--daemon' form the end of the 'command_args' line. then when your run 'service couchpotato onestart' you may get an output of what went wrong.
Are you using backed up data from v0.8 plugin for couchpotato?

At one point I switched over to couchpotato v2 which isn't backwards compatible with couchpotato v1 config (but save the file beacuse I think there's a way to import it into couchpotato v2)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

calgarychris

Contributor
You can edit the startup file /usr/local/etc/rc.d/couchpotato and remove '--daemon' form the end of the 'command_args' line. then when your run 'service couchpotato onestart' you may get an output of what went wrong.
Are you using backed up data from v0.8 plugin for couchpotato?

At one point I switched over to couchpotato v2 which isn't backwards compatible with couchpotato v1 config (but save the file beacuse I think there's a way to import it into couchpotato v2)

Thanks Joshua, the output I have when trying to load is as follows. I can see it looks as though something's gotten stuffed and it's perhaps Mac related, but what do I need to do to fix it (I literally posted my message after re-installing)?

Thanks
Chris

EDIT: Never mind - solved by re-installing and re-inputting the config details...

service couchpotato onestart
Starting couchpotato.
software# Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py", line 125, in <module>
l.run()
File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py", line 84, in run
runCouchPotato(self.options, base_path, sys.argv[1:], data_dir = self.data_dir, log_dir = self.log_dir, Env = Env)
File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/CouchPotato/couchpotato/runner.py", line 105, in runCouchPotato
if int(os.path.basename(backup)) < time.time() - 259200:
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '.AppleDouble'

domax

Cadet
Hi guys,

I've got all the 1.1 plugins running on my FreeNAS 8.3 box without problems. The only one failing installation is for the gamez plugin. I get the following error when installing gamez-1.1-amd64.pbi via the FreeNAS web-GUI:

Dec 25 11:44:26 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The command /usr/sbin/jexec 1 /usr/local/sbin/pbi_add -f --no-checksig /mnt/plugins/gamez-1.1-amd64.pbi failed: "Verifying Checksum...OK Extracting to: /usr/pbi/gamez-amd64 pbi_add: Failed

Any idea what this can be?

toddos

Contributor
Josh, some feedback on LazbyLibrarian. Freshly installed, it doesn't work properly when searching for downloads because it's trying to create a folder ".urllib2cache" in /. IMHO, this is a bug with LL itself (assuming the CWD is correct), but perhaps it's an issue with the start script that CWD is set to / instead of somewhere else (something under "/usr/pbi/lazylibrarian-`uname -m`/", with a .urllib2cache folder manually created so that LL doesn't try to do it).

If I manually create /.urllib2cache and chown it to media:media then everything works fine. But that breaks the encapsulation of the PBI.

TazgodX

Dabbler
Josh, thanks for the continued hard work!
Just curious about the dropped SB anime branch.
As i pointed out earlier when i originally asked for it, while it does Anime very nicely, it doesn't do TV shows as well. that's probably mainly because it doesn't do pulls from the mast branch so it doesn't get updates as often. and as SickBeard doesn't do anime very well at all, they work very well together side by side. As i can just replace the SickBeard Source with the anime source, I would have to choose SickBeard or SickBeard Anime instead of getting both side by side. whereas most other branches people want are updated from the main branch (i.e. TPB branch) and can be switched out with no issues.

I don't have a problem if you don't want to continue making it, as i can continue to use V1 and be content
Simply wanted to point out that you really should consider SickBeard Anime more as a separate program and not a SickBeard replacement.

-Thanks again for your hard work!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Josh, some feedback on LazbyLibrarian. Freshly installed, it doesn't work properly when searching for downloads because it's trying to create a folder ".urllib2cache" in /. IMHO, this is a bug with LL itself (assuming the CWD is correct), but perhaps it's an issue with the start script that CWD is set to / instead of somewhere else (something under "/usr/pbi/lazylibrarian-`uname -m`/", with a .urllib2cache folder manually created so that LL doesn't try to do it).

If I manually create /.urllib2cache and chown it to media:media then everything works fine. But that breaks the encapsulation of the PBI.

Thanks for the feedback, this feedback is extremely helpful, CWD is set to root probably because the way freebsd init scripts change shells. I'll try to fix this up in 2 weeks (next time I have sometime to play with these). This also will probably help me with a bug I had in my subsonic plugin!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi guys,

I've got all the 1.1 plugins running on my FreeNAS 8.3 box without problems. The only one failing installation is for the gamez plugin. I get the following error when installing gamez-1.1-amd64.pbi via the FreeNAS web-GUI:

Dec 25 11:44:26 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The command /usr/sbin/jexec 1 /usr/local/sbin/pbi_add -f --no-checksig /mnt/plugins/gamez-1.1-amd64.pbi failed: "Verifying Checksum...OK Extracting to: /usr/pbi/gamez-amd64 pbi_add: Failed

Any idea what this can be?

might be I uploaded a bad build, or your download is corrupted. I can't check till next weekend at least.. thanks for the heads up

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Josh, thanks for the continued hard work!
Just curious about the dropped SB anime branch.
As i pointed out earlier when i originally asked for it, while it does Anime very nicely, it doesn't do TV shows as well. that's probably mainly because it doesn't do pulls from the mast branch so it doesn't get updates as often. and as SickBeard doesn't do anime very well at all, they work very well together side by side. As i can just replace the SickBeard Source with the anime source, I would have to choose SickBeard or SickBeard Anime instead of getting both side by side. whereas most other branches people want are updated from the main branch (i.e. TPB branch) and can be switched out with no issues.

I don't have a problem if you don't want to continue making it, as i can continue to use V1 and be content
Simply wanted to point out that you really should consider SickBeard Anime more as a separate program and not a SickBeard replacement.

-Thanks again for your hard work!

probably will add them again when I have time. so wht branches are there that matter? anime branch + piratebay branch + ?

TazgodX

Dabbler
pirate bay branch can be swapped out for the normal SickBeard as its updated regularly from the master. the only one i know of is Anime. it doesn't get updated when the master gets updated usually. Most other branches are updated from the master when there is an update.
SickBeard Anime is used by me strictly for anime, because i have had issues with TV shows with it. So i like to keep them separate now.
It's the only branch I know of that is deserving of a separate install.

toddos

Contributor
might be I uploaded a bad build, or your download is corrupted. I can't check till next weekend at least.. thanks for the heads up

My download installed fine, so I don't think it's corrupt. Comparing the freenas rc.d script to the one in the LL repository and looking at rc.subr's implementation of run_rc_command, I think it's because the ${lazylibrarian_chdir} variable is not being set in your script. But I'm not super familiar with BSD-style service scripts, so I'm just kind of poking and guessing here.

domax

Cadet

I downloaded again, to see if my download was corrupt, and this didn't help, still the same issue.
Btw, also the sickbeard 1.1 plugin doesn't work for me. Yesterday it got fixed after some reboots so i didn't mention this. Now, after recreating my plugins jail, it will not work. I can install it from the web gui, but when i enable it (on/off) switch, i get an error: an error occured.
The reboot i did yesterday, didn't fix it now. :(
so, is this something i am doing wrong? or are there still some issue with the 1.1 versions of sickbeard and gamez?

sdspieg

Contributor
Another question on the folder structure. I now have sickbeard and sabnzbd set up (as I guess it's supposed to) with sabnzbd downloading stuff to /Sabnzbd/Complete and then with separate categories for movies and tvshows, which then all end up in dedicated folders (/Movies, /TVShows, etc.). But what happens now is that all episodes just end up in the TVShows folder, without subfolders for the series. Is that normal? It doesn't bother me too much, because Plex still parses everything properly, but on my TV I can only use DNLA, and there the folder structure is a lot easier. Can somebody please straighten me out here? Thanks.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I downloaded again, to see if my download was corrupt, and this didn't help, still the same issue.
Btw, also the sickbeard 1.1 plugin doesn't work for me. Yesterday it got fixed after some reboots so i didn't mention this. Now, after recreating my plugins jail, it will not work. I can install it from the web gui, but when i enable it (on/off) switch, i get an error: an error occured.
The reboot i did yesterday, didn't fix it now. :(
so, is this something i am doing wrong? or are there still some issue with the 1.1 versions of sickbeard and gamez?

I guess I should have mention v1.1 wasn't fully tested.. I did test some but then built them all as I was changing features but then built them all again and posted them. So stick with v1.0 to avoid pain unless you want to help debug.

thanks for the headsup though, definitely will fix them when I get the chance

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Another question on the folder structure. I now have sickbeard and sabnzbd set up (as I guess it's supposed to) with sabnzbd downloading stuff to /Sabnzbd/Complete and then with separate categories for movies and tvshows, which then all end up in dedicated folders (/Movies, /TVShows, etc.). But what happens now is that all episodes just end up in the TVShows folder, without subfolders for the series. Is that normal? It doesn't bother me too much, because Plex still parses everything properly, but on my TV I can only use DNLA, and there the folder structure is a lot easier. Can somebody please straighten me out here? Thanks.

Sounds like sickbeard isn't renaming / post processing your files correctly. they should be leaving the complete directory and going to their final destination when sickbeard runs it's 'sabToSickBeard.py' script, which you should have setup under categories.

erode

Dabbler
Any idea how I can get 1.0 of Sickbeard? I have 1.1 "installed" but the service will not turn on. It immediately fails with the error "Some error occurred". Not seeing any error output anywhere and Sabnzbd, CPS, Headphones all work flawlessly. Brand new install btw.

Also, I think "gamez" 1.1 is corrupt. I keep downloading it but it continually fails to install saying it is corrupt.

russdyer

Dabbler
running sab 1.0 and sickbeard 1.0 pbis. I accidentally deleted my "television" folder in the Downloads folder. This Downloads/television folder is used as the Television Download folder in Sickbeard. I recreated the "television" folder, but now I'm getting the following error in SAB:

Code:
2012-12-26 14:29:29,384	ERROR:	Post Processing Failed for Hardcore.Pawn.S06E20.480p.HDTV.x264-mSD (Cannot create final folder /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/data/Downloads/complete/television/Hardcore.Pawn.S06E20.480p.HDTV.x264-mSD)

Code:
2012-12-26 14:29:29,382	ERROR:	Failed making (/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/data/Downloads/complete/television/Hardcore.Pawn.S06E20.480p.HDTV.x264-mSD)

I thought all these folder permissions were set to "media:media" in the 1.0 PBIs, but now I notice that all of them are 40001:40001. Is this the issue? How can I fix this error?

erode

Dabbler
chmod -r 777 that media directory

That is the "i am a hammer, everything looks like a nail" approach, not recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.