• ProtoSD - Providing original Subsonic PBI for FreeNAS8
  • William Grzybowski - Helping me add GUI settings to my old FreeNAS8 PBI

Last edited:

ringhut

Dabbler
Works fine :D:cool:

cephyr

Dabbler
freshly installed your subsonic 5 plugin in freenas, flac transcoding does not work

From Subsonic log:
Starting transcoder: [/var/db/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg] [-i] [/media/Incoming/songname.flac] [-map] [0:0] [-b:a] [128k] [-v] [0] [-f] [mp3] [-]
InputStreamReaderThread (/var/db/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) Shared object "libfftw3f.so.3" not found, required by "libaacplus.so.2"

here is another user having the same issue:

http://forum.subsonic.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14767

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
freshly installed your subsonic 5 plugin in freenas, flac transcoding does not work

From Subsonic log:
Starting transcoder: [/var/db/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg] [-i] [/media/Incoming/songname.flac] [-map] [0:0] [-b:a] [128k] [-v] [0] [-f] [mp3] [-]
InputStreamReaderThread (/var/db/subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg) Shared object "libfftw3f.so.3" not found, required by "libaacplus.so.2"

thanks, I'll take a look.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

From Subsonic log:

manual fix is posted in the thread you linked.

otherwise I'll submit a fixed pbi tonight.

cephyr

Dabbler
thanks for this fast fix :)
works for me, wav and flac files play now without issues!

ah and the problem with characters such as "äöü" is fixed in the subsonic overlay but in logs (for example if i upload a zip in subsonic) the problem still exists. but it does not affect anything, just for your knowledge

edit: the problem with the "äöü" characters also appears in the "filename" collum in the tag edit mode - it just shows me � instead of "äöü"

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
thanks for this fast fix :)
works for me, wav and flac files play now without issues!

ah and the problem with characters such as "äöü" is fixed in the subsonic overlay but in logs (for example if i upload a zip in subsonic) the problem still exists. but it does not affect anything, just for your knowledge

edit: the problem with the "äöü" characters also appears in the "filename" collum in the tag edit mode - it just shows me � instead of "äöü"
weird it works in certain places but not others, it's all running from the same process which has a less restrictive lc_ctype.

I know whatever the initial setting is seems sticky. if you don't mind, can you try installing a second instance, set the closest possible LANG setting, then start it and test the problem areas.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I updated the subsonic plugin over a month ago. @ClayM do you not see it in your repo?

ClayM

Explorer
Ah, ok, was expecting an upgrade button in the freenas plugins tab :)

in this command:

• pbi_makeport -c ./plugins/NAME -o ./pbi --pkgdir ./pkg/NAME CATEGORY/NAME

What is supposed to be in the "CATEGORY" value?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ah, ok, was expecting an upgrade button in the freenas plugins tab :)

in this command:

• pbi_makeport -c ./plugins/NAME -o ./pbi --pkgdir ./pkg/NAME CATEGORY/NAME

What is supposed to be in the "CATEGORY" value?
there should be one, do you not have one? do you see it in the repo? I had an issue before when FN changed repos and I wasn't seeing any updates, lol.

that command is to compile yourself, the category is 'multimedia' as seen in the pbi.conf.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

ClayM

Explorer
Well I see the 5.0_1 version, as well as an update for Plex, but no update button for Subsonic :)

Hey, it's progress!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Well I see the 5.0_1 version, as well as an update for Plex, but no update button for Subsonic :)

Hey, it's progress!
I like the attitude, lol.

you could always..
  • install the new version in a separate a jail
  • copy over the old /var/db/subsonic (make sure ownership stays to 'media', UID=816)

duckworth

Cadet
Has anyone gotten the ssl on the subsonic plugin to work? Should the certificate be in pkcs12 format? I added the path to my certificate and enabled it but once I do I can no longer get any connection on the port specified.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Has anyone gotten the ssl on the subsonic plugin to work? Should the certificate be in pkcs12 format? I added the path to my certificate and enabled it but once I do I can no longer get any connection on the port specified.
I got it working in testing. I had to follow a guide to make the cert in that format. it was a few more steps than the usual SSL steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.