[FreeNAS 9 Plugin] - Syncthing

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitDavis

Dabbler
Any ETA on a 0.11 update? Have a couple of clients that were updated to 0.11 automatically, and with the new db changes they no longer sync.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Any ETA on a 0.11 update? Have a couple of clients that were updated to 0.11 automatically, and with the new db changes they no longer sync.
should be available Tuesday

KitDavis

Dabbler
should be available Tuesday
Tuesday has come and gone and refreshing the plugin's does not seem to indicate that a new version is available. Despite being appearing to be just a minor version change, it does appear that .11 has some significant changes that might make creating the new plugin more difficult. - is there any thing I or others can do to help this along? Thanks.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Tuesday has come and gone and refreshing the plugin's does not seem to indicate that a new version is available. Despite being appearing to be just a minor version change, it does appear that .11 has some significant changes that might make creating the new plugin more difficult. - is there any thing I or others can do to help this along? Thanks.
sorry life got in the way. I should have time tonight, update will be available tomorrow

KitDavis

Dabbler
Thanks - I installed the new version and everything is working very well. The clients that updated to .11 have all been able to sync so everyone is happy again (accept the mobile users - but that is a different issue). Thanks again.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks - I installed the new version and everything is working very well. The clients that updated to .11 have all been able to sync so everyone is happy again (accept the mobile users - but that is a different issue). Thanks again.
no prob, glad it works

fmdx

Explorer
I'm not sure if this is related to the Freenas update that was pushed out last week, but I'm having the hardest time for the life of me getting Syncthing to work after the updates. I'm not sure if it is Syncthing related (going from .10 to .11) or if it is related to the Freenas GUI.

From scratch, I can install 11.2, but it refuses to enable the plugin, throwing a decoding JSON error.
Code:
Couldn't retrieve https://192.168.1.55/plugins/syncthing/10/_s/status: No JSON object could be decoded

Ok, well I figured I'd go back to the last known version to work for me, 10.30. I installed it, it shows up fine, and I'm able to start it up. When I try to update it through the Freenas GUI, it attempts to update, and then hangs. After watching it try for half an hour I stopped it, and then it starts throwing that JSON error again.

I've tried installing 11.1 with the same results, throwing that JSON decoding error listed above to no avail.

I'm moving cross country and would hate to put this away broken :(

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure if this is related to the Freenas update that was pushed out last week, but I'm having the hardest time for the life of me getting Syncthing to work after the updates. I'm not sure if it is Syncthing related (going from .10 to .11) or if it is related to the Freenas GUI.

From scratch, I can install 11.2, but it refuses to enable the plugin, throwing a decoding JSON error.
Code:
Couldn't retrieve https://192.168.1.55/plugins/syncthing/10/_s/status: No JSON object could be decoded

Ok, well I figured I'd go back to the last known version to work for me, 10.30. I installed it, it shows up fine, and I'm able to start it up. When I try to update it through the Freenas GUI, it attempts to update, and then hangs. After watching it try for half an hour I stopped it, and then it starts throwing that JSON error again.

I've tried installing 11.1 with the same results, throwing that JSON decoding error listed above to no avail.

I'm moving cross country and would hate to put this away broken :(
The JSON error has to do with the plugins middleware that interacts between FreeNAS and the plugins jail, and not to do with the syncthing itself.

Is a fresh install of syncthing v0.11.2 not starting for you, or only one that went through the upgrade process?

EDIT
If you can install v0.11.2 successfully but can't seems to update a production install you have, I can outline some steps to get you up and running.

fmdx

Explorer
11.1, 11.2 standalone, installing through the Freenas GUI or uploading the plugins directly throw this error when it comes time to run the application (post installing into jail). Even whilst upgrading from 10.30 to either of those versions through the Freenas GUI.

10.30 is the last version I am able to get running without issue.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
11.1, 11.2 standalone, installing through the Freenas GUI or uploading the plugins directly throw this error when it comes time to run the application (post installing into jail). Even whilst upgrading from 10.30 to either of those versions through the Freenas GUI.

10.30 is the last version I am able to get running without issue.
Is 192.168.1.55 your freenas IP, or the IP of the jail?

What does "jls" give you as the IP of the syncthing jail?

####

Mind trying something? For your syncthing jail can you..
  1. disable VIMAGE, choose an interface and save
  2. restart your jail
  3. try starting the plugin
I always have to do that with a new plugin install. I want to see if that changes things for others. Thanks

fmdx

Explorer
I'm not sure how to disabled vimage, I tried as it is selected, but it's not letting me deselect it.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure how to disabled vimage, I tried as it is selected, but it's not letting me deselect it.
That seems to be what everyone is saying =/

I always disable VIMAGE as soon as I install a plugin. Can you try installing a second instance of syncthing and do the procedure I outlined?
Thanks

fmdx

Explorer
Is 192.168.1.55 your freenas IP, or the IP of the jail?
-Freenas server.

What does "jls" give you as the IP of the syncthing jail?
-The jls # was 5 at the time, I've tried and retried several times to get it going. That's why when in the error it was saying something with "10" in it's error URL it made me raise an eyebrow. Could be nothing, could be everything.

I currently have no install of Syncthing on my server, or the original install that maybe went wonky during that Freenas update, as I've tried about 10 times to get it running.

I'll try again, I think the Freenas gui may be a little tricky, you can uncheck some of the check boxes if you toggle other checkmarks/dropdowns, so it may take some finnagling. I'll try again tomorrow.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
the URL (plugin) number not matching the jail number is normal so don't worry about that.

yeah, I figured it out. if you have DHCP enabled you can't have VIMAGE disabled.

still trying to find a solution that works for everyone

kassim3

Cadet
Hello there,

I tried installing Syncthing for the first time today and recieved this error
Code:
May 14 18:28:08 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:59] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.1.245
May 14 18:28:12 freenas warden: Building new Jail... Please wait...
May 14 18:28:12 freenas warden: zfs clone Home/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean Home/jails/syncthing_1
May 14 18:28:14 freenas warden: Success!
May 14 18:28:14 freenas warden: Jail created at /mnt/Home/jails/syncthing_1
May 14 18:28:14 freenas epair2a: Ethernet address: 02:d2:5c:00:0a:0a
May 14 18:28:14 freenas epair2b: Ethernet address: 02:d2:5c:00:0c:0b
May 14 18:28:14 freenas kernel: epair2a: link state changed to UP
May 14 18:28:14 freenas kernel: epair2b: link state changed to UP
May 14 18:28:14 freenas kernel: epair2a: promiscuous mode enabled
May 14 18:28:14 freenas kernel: ng_ether_ifnet_arrival_event: can't re-name node epair2b
May 14 18:28:14 freenas kernel: ng_ether_ifnet_arrival_event: can't re-name node epair2b
May 14 18:28:26 freenas notifier: WARNING: can't open config file: /usr/local/openssl/openssl.cnf
May 14 18:28:26 freenas notifier: Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:
May 14 18:28:26 freenas notifier: nginx: the configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
May 14 18:28:26 freenas notifier: nginx: configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful
May 14 18:28:30 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:625] An error occurred while unserializing from https://192.168.1.11/plugins/syncthing/7/_s/treemenu: No JSON object could be decoded

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hello there,

I tried installing Syncthing for the first time today and recieved this error
Code:
May 14 18:28:08 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:59] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.1.245
May 14 18:28:12 freenas warden: Building new Jail... Please wait...
May 14 18:28:12 freenas warden: zfs clone Home/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean Home/jails/syncthing_1
May 14 18:28:14 freenas warden: Success!
May 14 18:28:14 freenas warden: Jail created at /mnt/Home/jails/syncthing_1
May 14 18:28:14 freenas epair2a: Ethernet address: 02:d2:5c:00:0a:0a
May 14 18:28:14 freenas epair2b: Ethernet address: 02:d2:5c:00:0c:0b
May 14 18:28:14 freenas kernel: epair2a: promiscuous mode enabled
May 14 18:28:26 freenas notifier: WARNING: can't open config file: /usr/local/openssl/openssl.cnf
May 14 18:28:26 freenas notifier: Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:
May 14 18:28:26 freenas notifier: nginx: the configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
May 14 18:28:26 freenas notifier: nginx: configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful
May 14 18:28:30 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:625] An error occurred while unserializing from https://192.168.1.11/plugins/syncthing/7/_s/treemenu: No JSON object could be decoded
this is a miscommunication between the plugin's middleware layer and the freenas interface. you could try playing around with making sure the jail has a reliably determinable IP (as shown with 'jls').
A lot of people have been getting this error lately, I don't know the exact cause or how to stop it from happening.

George51

Contributor
this is a miscommunication between the plugin's middleware layer and the freenas interface. you could try playing around with making sure the jail has a reliably determinable IP (as shown with 'jls').
A lot of people have been getting this error lately, I don't know the exact cause or how to stop it from happening.
Just to throw it out there, I get the same error as Kassim3, Can not get the plugin to start

Status
Not open for further replies.