FreeNAS-11.3-U1 New nextcloud install

morningwon

Dabbler
I have installed the nextcloud plug in may times before with no issues, but I just tried to install the plug in with the new freenas 11.3-U1 upgrade and when its complete and I browse to the nextcloud ip address it says "This site can't be reached" ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. I verified that the trusted hosts is added in the config and the IP is there. Has anyone encountered this? when I check the nginx log it is empty. I restarted the nginx service and it did nothing.

Thanks!

What happens when you try to access Nextcloud via the GUI (Plugins > Nextcloud_jail > Manage)?

morningwon

Dabbler
What happens when you try to access Nextcloud via the GUI (Plugins > Nextcloud_jail > Manage)?

So this is weird, I uninstalled the nextcloud, upgraded my pool, reinstalled nextcoud and now I can access it. (I didn't upgrade the pool after I moved from 11.2 to 11.3)

Here is what I do not understand.

Usually I create a dataset and map it in jails, then start the nextcloud jail, then it should ask me for the data location, username and password. Now it just asks for the username and password which it chose for me instead of prompting me to create the user.

Is this how it works now? No more mapping for the data location?

Thanks!

@morningwon The person who should really be thanked is @danb35 who did all the hard work in building the resource to make it easy for the rest of us.