Nextcloud plugin installation error

doomguy

Cadet
Hi,

I am trying to install the Nextcloud plug-in on a Virtualbox VM FreeNAS 11.2 for testing purposes, but I keep receiving errors. The first one happened due to the fact that the IP of the virtualized machine changed while installing the plug-in, after having configured it statically and verified that the machine can reach the Internet and it is able to solve DNS names (tested with nslookup), it now returns the following error:

[EFAULT] Exception: CallError:[EFAULT] pkg.cdn.trueos.org could not be reached via DNS, check your network occured, destroyed nextcloud.

Despite several researches I am not able to figure out what is not working properly. Do you have any suggestions?

D

dlavigne

Is promiscuous mode enabled in the VirtualBox network settings?

Can you ping pkg.cdn.trueos.org? If not, is a nameserver (such as 8.8.8.8) set in Network -> Global Configuration?

doomguy

Cadet
I have activated promiscuous mode (by the way, we should it be necessary?) and checked that the machine can ping pkg.cdn.trueos.org and DNS is configured with 8.8.8.8. At the first attempt I obtained the same error, thus I unchecked the DHCP option and set a static IP like 192.168.1.35/24 (FreeNAS is 192.168.1.30), now the following error message is shown:

[EFAULT] Exception: CallError:[EFAULT] pkg error: - www/nextcloud :b'pkg: Fail to extract /usr/local/share/icu/64.2/icudt64l.dat from package: Write error\n',databases/mysql56-server :b'pkg: Fail to chown /usr/local/include/mysql/.big_endian.h.himuqUB5MvtT:No space left on device\n' Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! occured, destroyed nextcloud.

The virtual extra disk mounted on the FreeNAS machine is 4,10 GB if it is important to know.

danb35

Hall of Famer
The virtual extra disk mounted on the FreeNAS machine is 4,10 GB if it is important to know.
It could be; that isn't very much room, especially once swap and other things are taken out. And the error is telling you you're out of space. But I'd really discourage using the plugin for Nextcloud, as it doesn't seem like it's in a finished state--it leaves it up to you to complete the Nextcloud installation on your own. I've had a PR outstanding for about a month that would fix this, but it's just sitting there.

doomguy

Cadet
It could be; that isn't very much room, especially once swap and other things are taken out. And the error is telling you you're out of space. But I'd really discourage using the plugin for Nextcloud, as it doesn't seem like it's in a finished state--it leaves it up to you to complete the Nextcloud installation on your own. I've had a PR outstanding for about a month that would fix this, but it's just sitting there.
I confirm that it was due to that, by using a larger disk (20 GB to be sure) I successfully managed to install the plug-in, at the moment everything seems to work smoothly.

doomguy

Cadet
Is promiscuous mode enabled in the VirtualBox network settings?

Can you ping pkg.cdn.trueos.org? If not, is a nameserver (such as 8.8.8.8) set in Network -> Global Configuration?
For completeness, I noticed that everything is working also without promiscuous mode.