Install Nextcloud on FreeNas 11.3-U1 step-by-step - All warnings fixed [Solved]

ddaenen1

Patron
Also, do you mind taking a look at this thread here. I don’t how you mount your nextcloud storage. But mind doesn’t seem to work.

I am not sure what you mean with this question. NC storage is allocated when you install the plugin.

garm

Wizard
THIS post actually says it all. Just log into FreeNAS, go to the jails section, expand the nextcloud jail window and click on the shell-button to go into the jail shell and execute the commands listed in the post. If you are not familiar with executing FreeBSD commands, i would be very cautious though.
Just make sure to have backups and snapshots in place and updated prior to any change

T_T

Explorer
I am not sure what you mean with this question. NC storage is allocated when you install the plugin.
So I have been reading a little bit more. It seem like I can’t have my nextcloud data storage outside of the jails? Cause my intention was to have 2 pools. 1 for installing jails only that is running off of a 500gb ssd. And the rest of the data will be storing in my main pool which is 26tb. Is this even possible if I am using a plugin?

T_T

Explorer
Ya it is, but don’t use the plugin. Install using @danb35 ’s script
How do you even do this? What is the benefit of manually install vs the plug in?

danb35

Hall of Famer
How do you even do this?
What is the benefit of manually install vs the plug in?
Most immediately, that it configures data storage outside the jail. It also handles SSL for you. I think it uses a better web server. I think that's enough to start.

Dellyjoe

Explorer
Hello everyone,

I'm at part 4, and I was able to create the Cert and key,

When it was time to enter that information within the sever {} see attachment (1), I'm not sure I did this part right, do I leave server_name_ blank or do I add my host name? do i take out the listen 80 part?

after completing that
I also wasn't able to restart nginx. see bottom of attachment

I tired to get into my nextcloud anyway and it seems that I got this site can't be reached
I'm not that smart in this stuff I just started

Plz if you can land a hand that would be great.
Thank you for reading,
Joe

Attachments

• nextcloud_ssl.PNG
    nextcloud_ssl.PNG
    63.3 KB · Views: 264

T_T

Explorer

Most immediately, that it configures data storage outside the jail. It also handles SSL for you. I think it uses a better web server. I think that's enough to start.
I mean how to even mount the data with the plugin. I perhaps want to do with the plugin for now anyways and figure your installation out later. Is that possible ?

@athy_nguyen I do not and will not provide support through PM, Teamviewer and any other such means as it diminishes the value of this community forum. I'd encourage you to 'have a go', use danb35's Nextcloud resource and participate in the discussion area for that resource. The challenges you face are likely to be issues that other members using the resource come across too. They benefit as well when the good folk over in that discussion area provide you with assistance. Many heads are better than one!

Last edited: