Nextcloud didn't ask me to create admin account - FreeNas 11.3-U1

KACMAG

Cadet
Hi Everyone!
After upgrade to FreeNas 11.3-U1 I can't get nextcloud work. After installing this plugin i am clicking "MANAGE" and it is sending me to login page for nextcloud.
But I cannot login because i didn't setup my admin account! As i saw on tutorials it should at first ask me to setup admin account (login, password).
I tried: reinstalling plugin, installing on other jail directory, updating plugin, restarting plugin, restarting FreeNas
it didn't solve my problem.
What I have to do to setup admin account? Maybe i can do it manually from shell?
Thank You!

ornias

Wizard
nextcloud is a picky beast, however you should be able to set the admin password using an occ command...
Thats more a question for the nextcloud manual, but yes: it could be done via cli :)

But at that point you can just as well use one of the many scripts designed to do it for you and do it "right" the first time ;)

KACMAG

Cadet
Thanks for quick response!
Can you tell me how to create admin account via command line? step by step will be very helpfull.
If you think using pre-written scripts will be easier than command line, can you send link for tutorial?
I am total noob in these things ;)
Maybe it is something wrong with my plugin install setup - I will attach basic properties for installation - maybe it will help us to find solution
photo.PNG

Thanks again!

ornias

Wizard
Well, i don't work with plugins usually, because they severely limit custom configuration.
For example: I don't want nextcloud to have its own database but use 1 central mariadb jail... So I cant help you with the plugin really.

Also with Nextcloud: I like to have my user specific files and config (/data /config and /themes basically) on seperate datasets so I can throw away the jail easily, thats not build in with the default jail and should preferably be done before installing nextcloud itself..

That being said: If it's a borked install I would just find a way to install it that works (for you) instead of trying to reanimate a borked install that doesn't contain any data yet anyway.

I maintain my own jail manager and just build a nextcloud install script for it based on the work of @danb35 . I can highly recommend his install script:

Or mine when I finally get the nextcloud merged into master:

(nextcloud is still in beta on mine, really need some more QA before I can really advice using it)

So when it comes to scripts: Pick your poison, but remember: Scripts are made to be customised... they often will be harder to setup than the plugin... (unless the plugin broke or you NEED a custom option, in that case you are limited to custom install scripts anyway)

KACMAG

Cadet
Well, i don't work with plugins usually, because they severely limit custom configuration.
For example: I don't want nextcloud to have its own database but use 1 central mariadb jail... So I can't help you with the plugin really.

Also with Nextcloud: I like to have my user specific files and config (/data /config and /themes basically) on separate datasets so I can throw away the jail easily, thats not build in with the default jail and should preferably be done before installing nextcloud itself..

That being said: If it's a borked install I would just find a way to install it that works (for you) instead of trying to reanimate a borked install that doesn't contain any data yet anyway.

I maintain my own jail manager and just build a nextcloud install script for it based on the work of @danb35 . I can highly recommend his install script:

Or mine when I finally get the nextcloud merged into master:

(nextcloud is still in beta on mine, really need some more QA before I can really advice using it)

So when it comes to scripts: Pick your poison, but remember: Scripts are made to be customised... they often will be harder to setup than the plugin... (unless the plugin broke or you NEED a custom option, in that case you are limited to custom install scripts anyway)

Okay, i will search solution for my broken installation. Definitely i will try these scripts when i will be more experienced :)
Thanks for your advices again!!!

Has anyone run into the same problem?