- Jan 27, 2020
Are you running it in a jail?
I did have this issue initially. Eventually I rebooted the machine and it went away. No idea what the root cause is, but that worked for me at least.Hi.
Tried to install two plugins from the "Community section". Using FreeNas 11.3-U1
Not possible, as it ended after about 20% with: Error: I/O operation on closed file.
I saw, that I was not the only one. Any solution, yet?
I don't like the new interface. Takes up a LOT of real estate and tells me very little. The original interface has a lot of information in a little area. I've worked as an admin on systems for many years and its very annoying not having a clean interface with info together. Whats the purpose of these huge boxes boxes on the landing page? Looking for pretty or functional. Please make the original interface available again.FreeNAS Community,
Pleased to announce that FreeNAS 11.3-RELEASE is now available! This marks our first major release of 2020 and brings with it a slew of new features and functionality, including but not limited to:
- Re-implemented Replication Engine, allows up to 10Gb replication speeds (a 10x improvement), resume support on failed transfers, as well as ability to replicate locally.
- ACL Manager – Allows setup and management of SMB ACL’s directly via the FreeNAS web interface.
- SMB Shadow Copies are now enabled by default for new shares – Note: Snapshots will only show up in Windows “Previous Versions Tab” if the snapshot USED size shows changes to the file.
- A repository of Community plugins has been created, users can now create and distribute 3rd party plugins which are not officially iXsystems supported.
- Updated translations for Czech, French, Japanese, Russian, and Simplified Chinese. Additionally, the process to add additional translations has been greatly improved.
- iSCSI Wizard – Streamlines the process of creating new iSCSI targets down to a few clicks.
- Alert System Overhaul – More granular alerts, as well as controls to set alert thresholds.
- Dashboard Updates – The initial dashboard now shows a live view of system status, including network traffic, CPU / memory utilization and more.
- NAT Support for Plugins – Eliminates the need for each plugin to have a dedicated IP address on your network.
- Full featured 2.0 API – Includes both REST and Websocket connections, allowing FreeNAS to be fully scripted and driven via the same API used by the web-interface.
- Large Pool Creation Assistance – When creating ZFS pools with large number of disks, the UI provides an automated way to repeat a VDEV layout across all remaining disks.
- ZFS Performance optimizations across the board for many different workloads.
Full Release Notes:
I like the new interface (the previous was really UGLY). But I agree with you regarding the "space" that it takes on screen.I don't like the new interface. Takes up a LOT of real estate and tells me very little. (...)
I have just encountered this as well. Running 11.3-U1 replacing a failed disk. As of now, the resilvering is in progress. I noticed some python exceptions in middlewared.log around the time the resilver started.Not sure if i found a bug or not, its happens twice when replace drives I get a error in the GUI of
Code:Error: UNIQUE constraint failed: storage_encrypteddisk.encrypted_provider
Then in the debug windows i get
Code:savecore: /dev/da6p1: Operation not permitted savecore: /dev/da3p1: Operation not permitted
but it resilvers and complates just fine