FreeNAS 11.0 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris crude

Patron
Why don't you guys have a better system / blog in place so users can read up on these updates instead of having to search google implicitly for "FreeNAS-11.0-U3"? Eg, when pfSense releases updates there's a nice blog entry you can read which breaks down the changes and anything new. That's nice. Don't see anything related to this on http://www.freenas.org/blog/ so if I'm wrong I apologize and retract my statement.
I received an email notifying me. the change log was in the body of the email. I didn't have to go looking for anything. Is this not what you are talking about or did you want more detail to the changes?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I can agree that the changelog is too cryptic for many, but not that it's inaccessible. It shows up before the update is run, it gets emailed when an update is available, it accompanies the version on the download page and it's viewable in the bug tracker.

gpsguy

Many of us just go to bugs.freenas.org and follow the updates there. I don't have the exact URL on my phone.

blacs30

Dabbler
I got the mail too, if I want more info I'd look it up as gpsguy said. The service with the mail is good for me.

DGenerateKane

Explorer
I can agree that the changelog is too cryptic for many, but not that it's inaccessible. It shows up before the update is run, it gets emailed when an update is available, it accompanies the version on the download page and it's viewable in the bug tracker.

I can't tell you how many times on 9.x I've had an empty changelog in the email.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I can't tell you how many times on 9.x I've had an empty changelog in the email.
That did happen a few times, but it was a bug and needs to be treated as such.

VladTepes

Patron
On that subject

Email... is this through the freenas gui setup? Because I haven't got that sorted at the minute and also haven't been receiving emails..
Or is it an email I need to subscribe to elsewhere?

Ta.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

DGenerateKane

Explorer
Yes. The main notification user gets bugged daily if an update is available
Didn't that get changed to just one email for FreeNAS 11?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Didn't that get changed to just one email for FreeNAS 11?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I don't know, I have kept up with the updates for 11.0.

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

gpsguy

You can download the -U3 user guide via the link in my signature. :smile:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You guys are still moving servers around between offices?

D

dlavigne

Finally got the fibre moved over. Today happened to be build server move today...

Chris Dawalt

Explorer
Just made the jump to 11.0-U4 this evening after running on Corral earlier this year. Wow was I behind. Hadn't checked out the forums since probably late March. So I didn't realize that Jordan had left, and Corral was dead-ended. I made the downgrade to 9.10.2, and then bumped up to 11. After 4 reboots on 11, it finally fired up with no issues or data loss. I do miss the Corral GUI - is anyone working on any GUI updates or is that low priority? I miss seeing the CPU temps.

gpsguy

Yes, iXsystems is working on a new Angular based UI. You should see a link on the login screen to demo the new UI.

Currently it's work in progress - don't expect everything to work. Supposed it should reach maturity in 11.2 (early 2018).

is anyone working on any GUI updates or is that low priority?

Ryan Allen

Explorer
Do any of you fine people know what the plan is for 11.1? Whether it goes to Beta first or right to 11.1, I’m just trying to get a feel for when it will be released. Roadmap doesn’t seem to be updated very much and I haven’t seen any announcements or updates from iXsystems.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, just curious what the game plan is. I’m still holding on to corral for now and I’m waiting to make the jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.