FreeNAS 11.3-U1 now available

ThreeDee

Guru
for me eveything seemed to go fine but i have no dashboard or a blank dashboard after the upgrade.
did you clear browser cache?

garm

Wizard
Except for jails on vlans not getting network things seams to work fine so far, had to move jails to DHCP

jaayb

Cadet
did you clear browser cache?
Just tried in incognito mode with the same result. Tried in a firefox which I hadn't used for freenas and also get the same results.

Attachments

• freenas.png
    freenas.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 334

jaayb

Cadet
Incognito us the same as clearing browser cache -- bypasses cache, cookies, etc... Still blank.

jaayb

Cadet
So looking further at my machine I realized that the second nic was no longer recognized after the update. I deleted the related bridges and vlans for that nic and after rebooting the dashboard is now visible. Not sure why the second nic (realtek 8618/8111) is not working now.

Z300M

Guru
No Rsync tasks displaying in new UI but show in legacy UI.
They display if I right-click and select "Open link in new tab"

blueether

Patron
So looking further at my machine I realized that the second nic was no longer recognized after the update. I deleted the related bridges and vlans for that nic and after rebooting the dashboard is now visible. Not sure why the second nic (realtek 8618/8111) is not working now.
I hit the same bug :(

I have big Problems after updating. No Plugin will work. (clamav,nextcloud, plexpass,zoneminder) Switching from static to dynamic IP-Adresses doesn't fix the error:
error: [efault] Stopped plex-plexpass due to VNET-Failure

Deleting clamav und reinstalling caused also an error.
error: [efault] local variable 'tag' referenced before assignment

Al Fuller

Dabbler
USB boot mirror is dead after upgrade to 11.3 release. I recall this happened about a year ago with another upgrade, but don't recall the specifics. The machine still boots from the sata dom, but it is annoying to have to replace the other one.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
USB boot mirror is dead after upgrade to 11.3 release. I recall this happened about a year ago with another upgrade, but don't recall the specifics. The machine still boots from the sata dom, but it is annoying to have to replace the other one.
Umm.. hardware dies this isn't really related to the upgrade. Yes the upgrade wrote to the USB device which exposed the fact that it was failing but it did not cause the failure. My USB boot device are going on 6 years old pretty soon. They will fail one day and it's not because of freenas.

Al Fuller

Dabbler
Umm.. hardware dies this isn't really related to the upgrade. Yes the upgrade wrote to the USB device which exposed the fact that it was failing but it did not cause the failure. My USB boot device are going on 6 years old pretty soon. They will fail one day and it's not because of freenas.
OK - thanks for the response. I guess it must just be me that has the upgrade/USB boot not readable issue [seemingly at each major upgrade...]. FWIW, I was able to re-format the USB drive and re-attach it to the boot pool. I will keep an eye on it and see if it is any more prone to failure.

Next error after updating. My second NIC, which is for the rsync task for my backup NAS doesn't work. Permanently Link Down. :-(
At this point, the Update is going more and more horrible for me. :-(

Abyssabyss

Dabbler
I reinstalled Freenas 11.3 and then upgraded to 11.3-U1. Plex and Nextcloud are basically normal, but the Reporting function does not work after upgrading from 11.3 to 11.3-U1.
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 12.07.38.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 12.08.50.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 12.08.22.png

By the way: Plex Jail updates are always too late.
In addition, Nextcloud jails can't handle the long upload file name, you need to change the file name to a short file.

Z300M

Guru
Sometimes, but not always, "Shell" will not open and I have to right-click and select "Open link in new tab"

Abyssabyss

Dabbler
I found that this was always the case, and I switched to several browsers, including: Chrome, IE11, and Safari. Should I reinstall the 13-U1 version?