Manual update plex plugin

mindfields

Dabbler
Hello,

I'm struggling to update plex plugin manually through shell.
What is the best and easy way to do it?
I used this method previously:

But it doesn't work anymore.
Thanks for the assistance.

ThreeDee

Guru

hoserama

Dabbler
I just set this up using these instructions:

morkunas

Cadet
Hello,

I'm struggling to update plex plugin manually through shell.
What is the best and easy way to do it?
I used this method previously:

But it doesn't work anymore.
Thanks for the assistance.

I followed the steps at https://stefanrows.medium.com/manually-update-your-plex-media-server-on-freenas-a345ee0d2aed. Where he says, "Navigate to Plugins -> Installed and switch off your Plex Media Server. " Disregard, when you do that in TrueNAS it stops the jail where Plex resides and you do have access. Follow the steps as listed except this one. If you use the Shell in the TrueNAS web gui if you navigate away from the shell it closes that session. Once you have downloaded the script it stays there so you can use it for future updates.

I found this article that worked perfectly for me. Basically, open a shell on the jail and run the following:

service plexmediaserver stop
pkg update
pkg upgrade
service plexmediaserver start

copz1998

Dabbler
I followed the steps at https://stefanrows.medium.com/manually-update-your-plex-media-server-on-freenas-a345ee0d2aed. Where he says, "Navigate to Plugins -> Installed and switch off your Plex Media Server. " Disregard, when you do that in TrueNAS it stops the jail where Plex resides and you do have access. Follow the steps as listed except this one. If you use the Shell in the TrueNAS web gui if you navigate away from the shell it closes that session. Once you have downloaded the script it stays there so you can use it for future updates.
The page no longer exists.

ThreeDee

Guru