Plex Plugin Manual update process question

pasha-19

Dabbler
I just added the plex plugin (into a jail using the Plugins page to my Freenas 11.3 server. The installation went fine.

Plex or Plugin? version 1.21.3.4014 update version 1.21.3.4021

Description

(Security) Mitigate against potential DDoS amplification by only responding to UDP requests from LAN

This update requires a manual update. Am I updating Plex or the Plugin or something else?
Since I cannot answer the above question I cannot determine if the posts concerning updates of the Plex server may or may not be correct for the Plugin.

Thanks, I hope this is not redundant. If it is I will follow any other appropriate answer, a hint would be helpful but not required if updating the Plex Server.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
The plex port has not been updated to the latest version yet. When it is and the package is made available you can update then.

G8One2

Patron
I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember reading somewhere here in the forums, something along the lines of TrueNas will be phasing out support for ports, and strictly using iocage and packages. If that's true, it may be better to use danby35's script, the plug in or a manual creation of a jail with a pkg install. I could be wrong about that though.....

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It's got nothing to do with TrueNAS or iocage, it's a FreeBSD thing. Portsnap has been deprecated and is no longer supported. If you want to use the ports tree you'll have to use subversion or git.