[Support Thread] SAB / SB / CP / HP / Maraschino / LL / Gamez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Is there a way to use the "Disk Space" module for Maraschino within the Freenas plugins jail?

It can only know about paths nullfs mounted in the jail. I usually have a 'media' dataset that is nullfs mounted at '/mnt/media' in the jail, and I just point the disk space module to it.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I tried to install but I get the following error message:

Jan 22 14:17:20 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The command /usr/sbin/jexec 1 /usr/local/sbin/pbi_add -f --no-checksig /mnt/plugins/sabnzbd-1.1-amd64.pbi failed: "Verifying Checksum...OK pbi_add: Failed to create directory: /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64 "]

When i try to enable it I get the message that "some error occured"

When looking at the logs I see this:

Jan 22 14:16:43 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:416] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.1.129/plugins/sabnzbd/_s/treemenu: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway

I reinstalled my system to get Sick Beard, CouchPotato and SabNZBd working.

Sometimes the pbi errors are fixed by rebooting, not sure what causes it.

hailbaal

Cadet
It was actually a problem with the jail. I reinstalled the jail and it worked fine.

I got Sick Beard, CouchPotato and SabNZBD running.

SabNZBd: unable to browse to the folders where I want my files to be ( /mnt/DISK1/complete etc)

What is the direct location of these files? I'm not able to find them using SSH

/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py -f /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/data/config.ini --pid /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/data/ -d

I'm not able to find anything in the /usr/pbi except for a file called .pbiwrapper*

(p.s. any idea how to move an existing couchpotato.db to the freenas? I don't wan't to add a few hundred movies manually)

toddos

Contributor
It was actually a problem with the jail. I reinstalled the jail and it worked fine.

SabNZBd: unable to browse to the folders where I want my files to be ( /mnt/DISK1/complete etc)

Did you mount your dataset(s) into the jail?

Did you enter the jail after sshing into your NAS? "jexec `jls jid` csh", without the "s (and the `s are backtick characters, not ' apostrophes).

(p.s. any idea how to move an existing couchpotato.db to the freenas? I don't wan't to add a few hundred movies manually)

Doesn't couchpotato have an import option on first run? Otherwise, once you have your configuration setup, you can try to copy your old couchpotato.db file into the /usr/pbi/couchpotato-`uname -m`/data directory. Shut down CP before doing the copy, and then start it back up and see if it recognizes everything.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py -f /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/data/config.ini --pid /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/data/ -d

I'm not able to find anything in the /usr/pbi except for a file called .pbiwrapper*

Is /mnt/DISK1/complete a path in your freenas userland or your jail's userland? if it's in your freenas userland you need to create a nullfs mount
Services > Plugins > View Mount Points

All of the below is in relation to the jail's userland
You should be able to stop couchpotato, replace the files in /usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/data/
Set the permission so 'media' owns the files. And start couchpotato.

EDIT
NVM - toddos got to you first =D thanks, lol

hailbaal

Cadet
Thank you both.

Sorry I'm really new to this. I did not know I had to add the

Jan 24 11:19:55 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The path could not be mounted /mnt/DISK1]
Jan 24 11:21:10 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The path could not be mounted /mnt/DISK1]

I'm not able to add my disk as you can see

Trying to add it like this:

SRC: /mnt/DISK1
DST: /mnt/disk

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thank you both.

Sorry I'm really new to this. I did not know I had to add the

Jan 24 11:19:55 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The path could not be mounted /mnt/DISK1]
Jan 24 11:21:10 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The path could not be mounted /mnt/DISK1]

I'm not able to add my disk as you can see

Trying to add it like this:

SRC: /mnt/DISK1
DST: /mnt/disk

Did you first create the mount point directory in the jail?

On your jail's commandline..
Code:
mkdir /mnt/disk

antkappa

Dabbler
Couchpotato was working fine for a day or so but now it seems I can't reach it? Sickbeard and sabnzbd are still working fine.

This happen to anyone else?

antkappa

Dabbler
No I didn't. It stopped working last night so I reset freenas and it came back. Then this morning its not working again ...

antkappa

Dabbler
I've got it working again (after reboot) and just realised there is an update setting that is selected by default. I've switched it off now and hoping that fixes it.

Gnome

Explorer
Couchpotato was working fine for a day or so but now it seems I can't reach it? Sickbeard and sabnzbd are still working fine.

This happen to anyone else?

Yep, happened to me also.

I couldn't reach it and kill -9 was the only way for me to stop CouchPotato. Started it up again and it was running but with a notification that a new update is available. As soon as I clicked on update it died again. Left it for about an hour then came back and did another kill -9.

After I started it up again there were no update notifications. I'm wondering if it might be a permissions issue. tail -n 500 on the logs didn't show much...

Anyway it seems fine now, time will tell if it happens again when the next version comes down...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

I couldn't reach it and kill -9 was the only way for me to stop CouchPotato. Started it up again and it was running but with a notification that a new update is available. As soon as I clicked on update it died again. Left it for about an hour then came back and did another kill -9.

After I started it up again there were no update notifications. I'm wondering if it might be a permissions issue. tail -n 500 on the logs didn't show much...

Anyway it seems fine now, time will tell if it happens again when the next version comes down...

Thanks for the heads up, my sister's system is also unreachable. (though it's on a pfsense jail, not freenas). Gonna disable autoupdates, seems kinda risky it has it on by default anyway.

EDIT
highly doubt it's a permission issue. the process is running by media user, and I believe the couchpotato program files are owned my media as well

Gnome

Explorer
Thanks for the heads up, my sister's system is also unreachable. (though it's on a pfsense jail, not freenas). Gonna disable autoupdates, seems kinda risky it has it on by default anyway.

EDIT
highly doubt it's a permission issue. the process is running by media user, and I believe the couchpotato program files are owned my media as well

True, doesn't really fit as the second update did seem to stick. Only other two theories I have is
a) I have a web-root set (for reverse proxy), perhaps this is not well catered for by CouchPotato application (seems unlikely)
b) I set my data dir in CouchPotato (eg. /mnt/applications/couchpotato) which is completely ignored (eg. actual directory is empty). I assume the data dir is in reality set during application startup by a command line parameters which is why the in app setting is ignored. However during the update process it might be restarting the process. The restart is likely to not obey the original process's command line parameters. The data dir setting is then used, only to find an empty data dir causing the application to fail to startup (probably with some exception about not being able to load the db).

Anyway just throwing out random ideas.

EDIT: Now that I think on it option b seems very likely the cause in my case...

@Joshua Parker Ruehlig:
Three things:
1) Thanks :) These plugins + FreeNAS are easier to use and setup than even the downloadable Windows applications.

2) Lazy Librarian seem to be unable to update itself (likely developer bug). Also, when I have a web-root set the application still points to the non-webroot url for its static content (and then gets a 404). It is probably developer bug but thought I would mention it. I don't much care for the app but SO really wants it.

3) I was wondering if it would be possible to add a setting in FreeNAS, in the plugin configuration, to explicitly set the data dir? I recently did a complete clean setup but was forced to backup the data folders.

antkappa

Dabbler

Yep same situation and I haven't had an issue since disabling auto updates.

toddos

Contributor
Yep same situation and I haven't had an issue since disabling auto updates.

And I also had the same issue, did not disable auto updates, and it resolved itself (though of course I had to manually kill it a couple of times). I personally wouldn't disable updates. Yes, sometimes you might get a bad update. That's just the nature of software. On the other hand, bad bugs like this are generally fixed quickly, and as long as the update portion of the code doesn't break you'll get the fix if you just keep at it.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
True, doesn't really fit as the second update did seem to stick. Only other two theories I have is
a) I have a web-root set (for reverse proxy), perhaps this is not well catered for by CouchPotato application (seems unlikely)
b) I set my data dir in CouchPotato (eg. /mnt/applications/couchpotato) which is completely ignored (eg. actual directory is empty). I assume the data dir is in reality set during application startup by a command line parameters which is why the in app setting is ignored. However during the update process it might be restarting the process. The restart is likely to not obey the original process's command line parameters. The data dir setting is then used, only to find an empty data dir causing the application to fail to startup (probably with some exception about not being able to load the db).

Anyway just throwing out random ideas.

EDIT: Now that I think on it option b seems very likely the cause in my case...

@Joshua Parker Ruehlig:
Three things:
1) Thanks :) These plugins + FreeNAS are easier to use and setup than even the downloadable Windows applications.

2) Lazy Librarian seem to be unable to update itself (likely developer bug). Also, when I have a web-root set the application still points to the non-webroot url for its static content (and then gets a 404). It is probably developer bug but thought I would mention it. I don't much care for the app but SO really wants it.

3) I was wondering if it would be possible to add a setting in FreeNAS, in the plugin configuration, to explicitly set the data dir? I recently did a complete clean setup but was forced to backup the data folders.

I'd rather keep these plugins as simple as possible, just so I won't as much complexity to deal with supporting 7 plugins. You can edit the rc script yourself '/usr/local/etc/rc.d/couchpotato' and just delete/change the data directory flag.

hailbaal

Cadet
I figured it out, thanks :)

I'm not able to save the settings for sabnzbd and couchpotato (haven't tried sickbeard). when I press save it looks correct but when I go to another page in the settings and go back, the settings are back to what they were. It doesn't store it at all. It did that before but I changed the ports, after that, they stopped saving the config files.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I figured it out, thanks :)

I'm not able to save the settings for sabnzbd and couchpotato (haven't tried sickbeard). when I press save it looks correct but when I go to another page in the settings and go back, the settings are back to what they were. It doesn't store it at all. It did that before but I changed the ports, after that, they stopped saving the config files.

Did you touch where there data folder / config is saved? If not check the permissions on their data folder to make sure the config / database files are writable by the jail user 'media'
Code:
ls -l /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/data/
ls -l /usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/data/

hailbaal

Cadet
[root@freenas] /mnt/DISK1/software/pbi# ls -l sabnzbd-amd64/data/
total 18
drwxrwxrwx 5 40001 40001 9 Jan 24 08:10 ./
drwxrwxrwx 11 1000 1000 19 Jan 23 22:21 ../
drwxrwxrwx 4 40001 40001 4 Jan 23 22:25 Downloads/
drwxrwxrwx 2 40001 40001 9 Jan 24 18:49 admin/
-rwxrwxrwx 1 40001 40001 3374 Jan 24 18:46 config.ini*