Updating SB/CP/SABNZBD within the plugin jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Giddens

Dabbler
Hello,

I have searched the threads for how to update the SABNZBD, Sickbeard and Couchpotato. I have found lots of discussion about LazyLibrarian and then something to the effect "And just do this for the others too." which is too inside for a newb like myself. There are also lots of parts where someone links to a different message within the pages of threads and those links appear to be broken. They just take to page 1 of 39, which is not very helpful.

So, now that I have cried a bit I come seeking help. Pretend its your first day as a Windows refugee setting up Freenas. You are pretty smart otherwise but don't have the UNIX/BSD/ETC know how to sail through these easy steps. How could someome explain the process for downloading a tarball and putting it in the right place? I notice this question is asked a lot in the big support threads, maybe this thread can be the canonical/FAQ answer. Thanks FREENAS geniuses and take it away.... !

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Sickbeard and Couchpotato auto-update. The sabnzbd plugin includes a script that does the heavy lifting for you, just run it after jexec'ing into the jail.

Couchpotato needs some manual intermission since my last plugin version because of a repository change I believe. Lazylibrarian like couchpotato had a repository change since my last update and needs some manual intermission as well.

Jason Giddens

Dabbler
Joshua,

First off, thanks! I love the plugins and the time you spend making them great. In followup to your reply:

1. My sickbeard install says "Unknown version: If you've never used the Sick Beard upgrade system then I don't know what version you have -- Update Now" and when I click the Update Now button I get the message "Update Failed. Update wasn't successful, not restarting. Check your log for more information." The log has no new entries at all.

2. When you say "needs some manual intermission since the last plugin" what do you mean? How do I go about interceding?

Thanks.

Jason Giddens

Dabbler
Ok, so of course issue 1 just resolved itself (did a reboot and restart and all is well.) Still wondering about question 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.