Sabnzbd Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

exactrawr

Dabbler
Hi, Please forgive if this issue has been raised already

1. Sabnzbd 0.7.14 will only install if I do it directly from 9.1 FreeNAS build in plugin's. If I try to install any other Sabnzbd such as 1.1.1, the plugin installs but when I try to turn it on it says "Some Error Occurred". Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Second issue, when I am configuring Sabnzbd I go to the Config tab and try to set up the scripts for it to communicate with Sickbeard. There is no scripts tab, is this because its a outdated version of Sabnzbd (0.7.14)? Again does anyone know a fix for this?

3. Is there a up todate guide on installing Sab+Sickbeard+Couchpotato? I know with the release of 9.1 FreeNAS when you install a plugin it automatically creates a jail for you. Im a complete FreeNAS nOOb :)

Thanks!

Lightperfect

Dabbler
Far as I understand some plugins available for freenas 8.x.x is not fully supported in freenas 9.x.x . If you want to install those plugins properly you have to do some command install with ssh and shell.

Am I wrong?

exactrawr

Dabbler
No your probably correct. Do you know where I can find any information about installing the plugins that way?

Lightperfect

Dabbler
i am still learning freenas 9.x.x at this moment too. think if you want those plugin work well, you may looking into down grade back to 8.x.x other then that.. if you want get out of old going into new things.. there alot reading and learning ahead of you.. just be prepared

sam

exactrawr

Dabbler
So there arnt any set how-to's yet? I don't mind trying to work it out. I just don't know where to find the information. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

Lightperfect

Dabbler
basic command for freenas from shell

use this link: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi

i just google youtube, and here and doc.freenas.com for the set up steps.

been on those pages day and night for the passed 2weeks

Lightperfect

Dabbler
it may not for sabnzbd but i think it all the same as the plugins.

use chown command and chmod command

get the folder permission working and test out.. my freenas 9.x.x is errors everywhere. but it works.

i am still learning to get rid of those one day...

Lightperfect

Dabbler
o.... use git install?

Whattteva

Wizard
Git is a repository system. It's like a decentralized version of Subversion.
I don't know if there's a guide for it, but if you want to go that route, the process is probably going to be pretty involved. You'll have to be willing to invest quite a bit of time for it as you have to do quite a few things.
Here are some off the top of my head:
  1. Install git in your jail.
  2. Pull the sabnzbd source from the repository using git.
  3. Compile the code.
  4. Install other dependencies that sabnzbd may use.
  5. More manual configurations (probably text configuration files).
I've never used sabnzbd before, so I don't know the exact details, but there are probably more steps.

Whattteva

Wizard
Honestly, you can probably Google around and find all the answers. Each step will probably be its own page though, so you'll have to do a lot of reading. Using the plugin would probably save you hours of time and headaches.

I've never used sabnzbd before, but I can probably give you some basic instructions at least on how to install them.

exactrawr

Dabbler
The problem is I want to use a newer version of Sab. But when I download the PBI I cant turn it on? Any ideas

Whattteva

Wizard
  1. Try to turn it on.
  2. Once you get an error, go to the Shell and type in tail -n 10 /var/log/messages.
  3. Post the output here.

exactrawr

Dabbler
[root@freenas ~]# tail -n 10 /var/log/messages Oct 1 21:44:23 freenas ntpd[1731]: unable to create socket on epair1a (8) for f e80::6b:f6ff:fe00:90a#123 Oct 1 21:44:25 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:57] Popen()ing: /usr/sbin/je xec 2 cat /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/freenas Oct 1 21:44:25 freenas notifier: Performing sanity check on nginx configuration : Oct 1 21:44:25 freenas notifier: nginx: the configuration file /usr/local/etc/n ginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok Oct 1 21:44:25 freenas notifier: nginx: configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx /nginx.conf test is successful Oct 1 21:44:26 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:57] Popen()ing: /usr/local/b in/warden list -v Oct 1 21:44:26 freenas manage.py: [plugins.utils:87] Couldn't retrieve http://1 92.168.0.23/plugins/sabnzbd/1/_s/status: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway Oct 1 21:44:26 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:57] Popen()ing: /usr/local/b in/warden list -v Oct 1 21:44:26 freenas last message repeated 2 times Oct 1 21:44:26 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:473] Couldn't retrieve htt p://192.168.0.23/plugins/sabnzbd/1/_s/treemenu: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway [root@freenas ~]#

Whattteva

Wizard
That's really hard to read.
Could you edit that post and put it in CODE tag? (It's that button in the editor that looks like {}#
Code:
Sample code

Status
Not open for further replies.