Plugins for 9.1 RC2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savell Martin

Contributor
Hey Guys,

I know 9.1 isn't officially released yet, and im not expecting any support for plugins already.

But what I am curious about is will there be a global plugin repository somewhere that we can link to and download the apps we want?
Or how will the plugins work on 9.1? (sorry im new to FreeNas, and with my hardware 8.3.1 doesn't work only 9.1 and up does)

For me I need:
SABnzbd
CouchPotato
SickBeard
Headphones

Are there any available plugins not just the ones mentioned above but others already available for 9.1?

Thanks guys.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
There aren't really any other plugins available for 9.1.. yet. Most of the plugin people are still experimenting with the 9.1 jail(the "new improved" jail was just released a couple of days ago). You can expect that most of the old plugins will be updated some time after 9.1 hits release. That is, assuming the plugin owner chooses to upgrade to 9.1. Several people have had various reasons not to upgrade.

As for a central repository, not really. Several people tried to setup one, but again, because several people did it, it wasn't "centralized". It did require you to download the .pbi file and install it manually, so it's not as easy as doing a "sudo apt-get" or Play Store/iStore.

Savell Martin

Contributor
Cool thanks :)

I have read that a few devs have left for whatever reason.
Is there still a good support for plugins?

I'm happy to wait until 9.1 final and devs update their plugins.
But if there are not many devs left and not upgrading then waiting is pointless...

Can you install plugins that were made for FreeBSD or whatever?

D

dlavigne

There will be a central repository for PC-BSD, FreeNAS, and pfSense pbis at appcafe.org which should launch in the next month or so.

Savell Martin

Contributor
I see there are some plugins that are available now...

Is there a list of upcoming plugins?
And is there a guide on how to setup jails and plugins?

Status
Not open for further replies.