Plugins in 9.1+

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkryoushii

Explorer
Hey all,

I am planning an upgrade to 9.1.1 from 8.3 and need to get my plugins in order. Currently I have a single jail that has 3 plugins and an nginx port compiled with SSL installed. This works brilliantly because I have all downloaders running off the one user, and this makes for some easy permission management.

I am wondering a few questions about how I will move/replicate this setup with the 9.1 plugins.
  1. To avoid multiple jails, can I simply create a 'normal' jail and install the 9.1 pbi files into it?
  2. If this is possible, what user will they run as? and can someone point me to some sort of reference as to how to get these to run as different user if that needs to be changed
  3. Do you know an easier way so that sab/sb/cp have permissions to do whatever they want to the files, while my local freenas user remains to be able to do whatever it wants and no other local user can? Previously I did this by manually making the same group ID a group on my local config and adding my user to it, but I want a more scalable way for future.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

D

dlavigne

Regarding #1: Yes, if it's a plugins jail. See Table 9a at http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Jails.

Note that jails changed significantly from 8.x to 9.x and it would not hurt to first skim through the Jails chapter of the 9.1.1 PDF. You'll want 9.1.1 as it fixes several jail bugs that were in 9.1.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.