Static IP failes, DHCP working fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

paleoN

Wizard
I'm having the same problems as Venomhead. I have tried restore to factory defaults, but as soon as I set a static IP I get ntp error messages such as:
Actually, you are not at all.

I have since disabled the Realtek and installed a D-Link GigaLan DGE-528T which is listed as compatible in the FreeBSD list. Using this card also produces the same messages when using a fixed IP, no problem with DHCP.

Do you think is worth buying and trying an Intel PWLA8391GT PRO/1000 PCI?
Your problem is a bad gateway or bad DNS servers or just wrong network info. With the DHCP IP and everthing working run the following from an SSH session as root:
Code:
netstat -rn

ifconfig
Then set your static IP with all the right info.

SEGA

Cadet
Hello
I have a problem
When I try to access the system in the web browser appears this error
10306746_804588736232806_8662290959312301151_n.jpg

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yes.. because your networking is AFU. If you had searched the forums for those errors you'd know:

1. Your networking is broken.
2. What is likely broken about your networking.

SEGA

Cadet
Yes.. because your networking is AFU. If you had searched the forums for those errors you'd know:

1. Your networking is broken.
2. What is likely broken about your networking.

Hello
How I can fix this error

Thanks for your answer :)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Search the forums.. the answer is there. ;)

SEGA

Cadet
I'm using a virtual machine
I searched the solution to error and can not find

I'm desperate :(

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Sorry... we've explained this at least 20 times. Feel free to keep searching.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
And don't create a new thread becaues you aren't getting an answer from a 2 year old thread.

SEGA

Cadet
Mmm ... ok sorry
I will keep looking for something that even I understand, but thanks for your help

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No joke, I went to google just now and the very first result had the answer.. so either you aren't trying or your ability to search for errors or........

SEGA

Cadet
No joke, I went to google just now and the very first result had the answer.. so either you aren't trying or your ability to search for errors or........

First of all it is difficult to seek to resolve an error in another language, but thanks!

gpsguy

Since it appears that English might not be your mother tongue, I'll give you some help.

The errors you're seeing in message #22 are due to not having DNS entries and/or a gateway address configured.

You assigned 192.168.1.1 to your FreeNAS server. Normally, that would be used as a router address. If it is your router address, please change it to another unused address.

SEGA

Cadet
Since it appears that English might not be your mother tongue, I'll give you some help.

The errors you're seeing in message #22 are due to not having DNS entries and/or a gateway address configured.

You assigned 192.168.1.1 to your FreeNAS server. Normally, that would be used as a router address. If it is your router address, please change it to another unused address.

No if not my router adress my router adress is 192.168.0.1

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If your FreeNAS server is 192.168.1.1 and your router is 192.168.0.1 I'm assuming your subnet is 255.255.0.0?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
That's your fail then I think.

gpsguy

Give your FreeNAS server a 191.168.0.x address. Ensure that you add the gateway and DNS entries.

Sent from my phone

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Just an FYI SEGA...

We could be telling you to do things that will break your network. This is basic networking knowledge so you should be able to do this on your own without our advice. So definitely take our advice with a grain of salt and perhaps get someone with more networking experience than yourself to help you fix it if our recommendations don't work. Since we don't know your entire network setup we can't give 100% correct advice. This really is one of those things that you should be able to handle yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.