Configuring Static IP using FreeNAS-8r7350-amd64

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzpilot

Dabbler
Ok, I'm stumped, loaded FreeNAS-8r7350-amd64 and went in to change the host address from DHCP to Static. When I do that I can no longer access the box via the web interface.

After resetting to factory defaults and looking around, i found under system that the webgui IP address can be changed. However, the drop down only provides the current DHCP served addresses, there's no way to manually enter an address.

I'm sure there must be a simple way to do this (change from DHCP to Static), and i've used FreeNAS versions for years (just not FreeNAS 8); just can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

jazzpilot

Dabbler
Ok; i was able to change the interface IP address to a static address by creating an alias (with the DHCP served up IP), but I'm still not able to change the webgui IP in settings. I keep getting this error: Value u'192.168.2.44' is not a valid choice.

jazzpilot

Dabbler
Ok; got around this problem by adding DHCP reservations for the two NIC's in the server. I'm sure it's an obvious fix to change the NIC and Webgui settings via the web interface, just didn't find it...

jazzpilot

Dabbler
I have this working in RC2. With what i know now i probably could have got it working in 8r7350, but in RC2 it's easy to configure!

Status
Not open for further replies.