SMB share cannot be accessed by any device. latest trunas core

WaylonAaron

Cadet
Hi ive had my trunas shares up and working for about 3 years now. recently I've been messing around with jellyfin and all of the sudden I cannot access my SMB shares at all on any device on my network. I can type in the IP and navigate the webui just fine. some hands on support would be really appreciated theres about 120TB of data I cannot access now and I have no idea how I caused this to happen

artlessknave

Wizard
you are less likely to get a response since you haven't followed the forum rules.

from what little you have provided, it sounds like you changed the permissions; without much more info, it's hard to say much more.

you have also posted this in the legacy FreeNAS section. FreeNAS no longer exists.

WaylonAaron

Cadet
you are less likely to get a response since you haven't followed the forum rules.

from what little you have provided, it sounds like you changed the permissions; without much more info, it's hard to say much more.

you have also posted this in the legacy FreeNAS section. FreeNAS no longer exists.
I’m sorry I’m just flustered and really have no idea what’s going on. I guess I’m just really hoping for someone who really know their stuff to teamviewer or something with me and help me out

WaylonAaron

Cadet
And I’m not sure how I would have changed permissions I went from core 12 to 13 3 days ago and it worked until just earlier today when I was messing around with jellyfin

artlessknave

Wizard
And I’m not sure how I would have changed permissions
we have no idea either at this point.
really hoping for someone who really know their stuff to teamviewer
these forums are free, answers are from volunteers. you are basically asking for a paid service for free...
’m sorry I’m just flustered and really have no idea what’s going on
which is why I'm trying to point you to some of the required steps. many of the volunteers won't bother if you don't put in the work from your side to include at least some very basics when asking for help.

you are in the FreeNAS legacy forums. as you have not provided your installed OS (a requirement of the forum), we have to assume you are using a no longer supported version, but this doesn't make sense since jellyfin is fairly new, and I believe is only on TrueNAS scale with docker. depending on what you did when setting up the docker container, things might have changed.

remember, we are donating our time to help you, but who wants to waste time fighting to get even the most basic info?

WaylonAaron

Cadet
I apologize, luckily it’s decided to just start working Again. if I had to guess unmapping the smb share from my pc I was using to host jellyfin might have done the trick. I will try to be more mindful of what you said if I require assistance in the future thank you

artlessknave

Wizard
luckily it’s decided to just start working
while that is good, luck changes. you might want to take the time to simply make a forum signature and be done with it. then if you do need help in the future, you already have that much prepared.