Cannot Access SMB Server From My Android Device

Shivam001

Cadet
I am Creating a NAS for my home use, This is just a testing phase i have created a NAS on a VM ware workstation.
i have given adequate hardware.I have created a pool and confugured an SMB share. The problem i have right now is that i can access that SMB share via only my host machine. I cannot access this share on my Android Device or ios or any other device. They cannot even see it on my network but the SMB exists as i can access it from my host machine, why is it so??. Also when the VM is on NAT then i can access the SMB share properly on windows, but when i switch it to Bridged i get the ip as 0.0.0.0,
now when i enter this ip on browser i get some error as this url cannot be accessed..
what am i doing wrong??

P.S--> I am beginner so please bear with me

jlpellet

Patron
Suggest enabling SMB1 for anything being accessed by Android (services>smb>edit). Can't advise on VM issues - simply don't use. You might get more response here if you provided more hardware/vm details as suggested in the forum guidance.
Good luck.
John

Shivam001

Cadet
Suggest enabling SMB1 for anything being accessed by Android (services>smb>edit). Can't advise on VM issues - simply don't use. You might get more response here if you provided more hardware/vm details as suggested in the forum guidance.
Good luck

Shivam001

Cadet
Actually the problem was with Vm ware, For configuring Truenas with a vm, we need to have Bridge Connection so that truenas can have the access to the physical address. But when i was using vmware with bridge connection it was not working..
i had to use virtualBox with bridge Connection then it worked fine..
it seems something was wrong with vmware..
Thanks for your reply.