Plugin System

Status
Not open for further replies.

fulgas

Cadet
Hi,
My FreeNAS box died ( 4TB burned) and i decided to move to FreeNAS 8 but i still miss a couple of plugins and i was wondering how the plugin system will be implement?
I couldn't find any available information and i got a couple of questions?
From what i could tell FreeNAS will use the PBI system but if we want the webGUI to show any configuration of the plugin won't we need to make a new pbi specific for FreeNAS ? And will FreeNAS use a generic plugin system for djano?

regards,

fulgas

seer_tenedos

Dabbler
I am also interested in this as well as knowing if any of the forks actually have the plugin system in it. I would love to play around with the plugins if they are already implemented at all.

fulgas

Cadet
I have already read about the PBI's for FreeBSD. My question are toward if you want to integrate a plugin but you need a new UI to do some configurations to that plugin. The PBI used for a normal FreeBSD won't be able to handle that. You gonna need a fresh new PBI just for FreeNAS and how will take be maintain? Or am i not seeing the picture?

ProtoSD

MVP
I don't know the details of how the UI will be for Plugins on FreeNAS, it is still being worked on, but FreeNAS will use the same PBI's from FreeBSD, at least that is how I understand it. I'm sure it's been considered. The developers of PBI's on FreeBSD are also involved / working on FreeNAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.