Plex not adding new movies to library

Status
Not open for further replies.

oguruma

Patron
Fresh install of FreeNAS 11. I installed this a few days ago, when I re-installed, I added all my existing media. Everything worked fine.

Today, I added a few movies and TV shows and neither of them will show up in the Plex library. I can play all of the movies and media via any Plex client I have tried, the new stuff just isn't there. These are all MKV files.

I am following the naming and directory convention recommended by Plex.

I have tried re-starting the Jail.
I have tried re-adding the library in Plex.

I have verified (via shell) that the new files are in /media in the jail.

Any ideas?

Did you rescan the library in Plex?

oguruma

Patron
Did you rescan the library in Plex?
Yes, that is the issue. After rescanning, the new media doesn't show up. The rest of the movies, some 500 or so, do show up.

The same symptoms across multiple libraries. Also, I tried deleting a movie that was previously seen by Plex in the library, and adding it and Plex still didn't add it.

scrappy

Patron
I see no reason why the Plex scanner wouldn't at the very least pick up those new files. You might want to ask this on the Plex forums.

pschatz100

Guru
If you created a new installation of Plex and then copied your old Plex database over to maintain your metadata, you might try deleting the Plex preferences file. If the new installation is a different version than what you had before, an old preferences file can cause Plex to act strangely. Of course, when you restart Plex after doing this you will have to reenter all your settings again.

To be extra safe before doing this, I would make certain the "Empty trash automatically after every scan" option is disabled (I never turn this on, anyway.) That way, you won't lose any metadata if you don't get all the media directories specified properly.

If this doesn't help, then you'll have to chase down your problem in the Plex forums as @scrappy suggested.

I've had similar issues and found that it was a file permissions issue. If you rebuilt something with a different UID/GID than originally used, anything you add may not be viewable.

Status
Not open for further replies.