Trouble adding my library

sloby

Cadet
Hi everyone, this is my first time on this forum because i can't find answers to my problem. I have been using freenas for many years in order to store my data and i had a plex server running without problem on my server. But now, i want my plex server to run on a new computer because it has more horsepower under the hood. I have installed the plex plugin without problem and i can manage it on http://''my ip'':32400 however i can't add my library to the server ... I did make the mountpoint and created an empty folder in /jails/plex-plexpass/root/Plex Media Server named ''server'' but when i try to add the so called folder to my library, the folder is greyed and i can't click on it to add it. When i tried comparing my old plex server config with my new one everything seems the same. I would like to add that i am really bad with shell command lol. My mountpoint source is /mnt/server/share and within the ''share'' folder there are two folders called ''movies'' and ''shows'' and within the "movies'' folder each movies has its own folder.

Hope you guys can help me solve the problem.

Attachments

• mount point.jpg
    mount point.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 315
  • add server.jpg
    add server.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 309
  • server running.jpg
    server running.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 307

Fredda

Guru
Hi guys, you all know this forum has search function? This issue has been several times extensively discussed here in the last few months.

It's due to default permissions and ACLs in Windows Type shares which chanced since release 11.2u6. See the release notes section known impacts.

Look here or here or here.