No webGUI, only "Welcome to nginx!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

csh8428

Dabbler
I'm a complete noob at this, so I probably screwed something up. I installed FreeNAS v 8.3 using the instructions Using 7-Zip and Win32DiskImager on Windows

I plugged the USB drive into a brand new MSI-H61-P23 mobo build. Booted it up and watched all of the bootup info scroll by and got to the console setup screen where it gives a bunch of choices where to go and also got the message "You may try the following URLs to access the web user interface http://192.168.1.104

When I put that IP address in my webbrowser all I get is the test message "Welcome to nginx!"

Can anyone give any advice on anything I did wrong?

Thanks,

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If you search for some keywords you'll find another thread where someone posted a temporary fix. It worked for 1 or 2 people in that thread as well as my text box.

warri

Guru
If you haven't upgraded your ZFS pool(s) to v28, yes.

MDMurdock

Cadet
I had the same thing happen on a brand new build. It went away as soon as I assigned a static IP.

Muscats

Cadet
I get this if I try to access wirelessly from my laptop but have no problem accessing through my wired desktop

Steven Lapan

Cadet
I had this same problem when upgrading from 8.0 to 8.3 with a full install. I was using ISO burner at the time, I then tried Win 7 disc imager. The install was without issue, FreeNas is up and running with no lost data. Hope this info helps....

Branlew

Cadet
Seems to be a common problem with different fixes or workarounds. I have fixed(?) it by trial and error after trying all the suggestions I could find here and elsewhere.
Connect your monitor to the FreeNas. Start and wait until the eleven options are on screen. I chose option seven, (went through this three times). I then found that the "nginx" problem had gone. I have gone through a thorough testing with this including turning off FreeNAS by pulling out the mains plug and each time, upon reboot, the problem didn't reappear. Hope this helps some.

Status
Not open for further replies.