when i type my freenas IP in it sends me to "nginx"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpy

Explorer
So, I moved, and got a new router (RT-AC66U), and figured I may as well go through the settings and make sure they're all correct. So I followed the steps I took when I installed FreeNAS and checked the Network Interface options, and saw that re0 was no longer on there, and that my choices were bridge0 and epair0a. I did an ifconfig, and epair0a seemed like the right one, so I went with that. Updated, deleted the re0....and FreeNAS froze up. Did a reboot and bam. network settings went to 0.0.0.0. -mod edit-. Why am I always doing this to myself?

SO I went into option 1. Configure Network Interfaces, went to re0, deleted old Interface, and the IP I had before popped up. I went to it on my laptop, and all it says is "Welcome to nginx." After a little googling I found out it's IMAP/POP3 email-type -mod edit-. Don't know if it's from TimeWarner or my Router. And I have no idea how to get rid of it. Anyone know wtf I'm talking about?

I keep saying this, but I think it might be time to go to Windows Server. This -mod edit- is way out of my league.

jumpy

Explorer
Oh wait. It might be because I -mod edit- put in the wrong DNS information when I was updating the Nameservers. -mod edit-.

jumpy

Explorer
Relax, I apologized. I did a search for NGINX but didn't figure it was related to FreeNAS. Figured I messed something up elsewhere. Reading the article

jumpy

Explorer
Thanks, it fixed it. I've broken my server countless times so it's starting to get me pretty upset when I do it. At least this time it wasn't my fault lol

Status
Not open for further replies.