WebGUI Access lost after update to 11-U3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juise99

Cadet
I'm new to freenas but not BSD. I'm having the same issue across 2 machines with different hardware, both installed with different install media, created on different machines. One system is a Dell R510, with freenas installed to a SSD. The other is a SuperMicro SSG-6048R-E1CR24L with freenas installed to an internal USB drive. I downloaded & installed 11.0-U2 and the problem went away.

This is what I get after logging into u3. No amount of refreshing the page, or deleting cookies, or changing browsers helps.
VpBMkpxzbN51oslBMtOL3MUR-GOlnc7OSh1TxuYbwFUbz3dgVZDrprXGGXbnyLJgWlx_WL1N2JXMl3HDrD4Y6CHTFKzDjP49TL2jETgWnNauF5F3pPxiY8wRM_DzhA4UQDuCw_REAX-i4pYOTX6HhhURoP1A6o16OFjwJ0p2GlITJ_gxcz3zkhHa0_W0wgZgdF5l2LrMFo7qTGO-Ln0XLzmFNOnAtqqH9-tl0vEQ9-pn84Y4rku2Gf_I6zFT-QPDWlfTlV9xShciIbSyfbW5Yay1zK7kMjS8SrPnOS15jXDKVzFMgzO0Pdo2cqqP-16W81x8dY8_J82DBOpbGIwTbFNWN_rdi-NJGmS90vM1oZ1JVIAibJydR9N9-1WPRTsh7MmLiGtjLCg78LLFu8DT2gLHIfTDmpYF8Dc2ytrcf7zFeQwxSWYpF1U4K1nzP079WagzQIfsikET12DeFhpKEP1Q2nyg5a-GFzuhfJoN94S5_YFdZP6YTt7JRJUinc-cdlXXmp9Mrfk8hHXR8FBX-Cat0_RYIYAoSJldr0vnWvYnaJX0k16vVOAX1cBOTA-cH0LWPiFuMWcxCF8oZWfAHRJ3nNaKHZhJVPNevAbq=w1376-h753-no

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
And is there anything potentially relevant in the logs?

Pilskalns

Cadet
Hi, I am having the same issue with "blank web UI".

1. Tried to update 11.0-U2 -> 11.0-U3, this problem popped out.
2. Reinstalled Freenas 11.0-U2 from ISO, everything nice.
3. Uploaded backup file (made just before all updates), freenas reboots, loads everything nice in console,
4. Open UI, asks for password and back to "Cannot read property 'decimalFormat' of undefined" from dojango.
5. Did update from console again to 11.0-U3, problem still exists.

Suppose this dojango module wrong config value for browser UI and can't recover from that, tried to digg it, but dojo.js is obfuscated....

EDIT:

As odd it sounds, using different browser than Chrome solves the issue... even other Chromium based one... Probably in between all updates also desktop Chrome updated itself and caused this.

Before found out that installed it multiple times on differen't USB's, different combinations. I even unplugged disks, SATA pcie passtrough-card, RAM etc. to debug hardware... hey... in the way at least cleared from dust fan grills.

upload_2017-9-21_23-3-7.png

Last edited:

Meyers

Patron
I'm seeing the same thing even after updating to U4. I had zero issues with U3 until yesterday when I went to unlock a volume using Chrome on Windows. Got an instant error message and then when I tried again, got a strange timeout error (but the volume did appear to be unlocked). After that the UI doesn't even load because of "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'decimalFormat' of undefined".

Using Firefox works. Also, Chrome on Mac works oddly. I've tried clearing cache, etc. on my Windows desktop but the UI is still broken. Using Firefox appears to work as well.

19norant

Dabbler
I have a fix for this. Though, it requires hacking up the javascript on your server. Be cautious.

On your FreeNAS install, you have a NumberTextBox.js file located (for me) at /usr/local/www/dojo/dijit/form

Change a chunk toward the top of that file to read:
Code:
var _7=function(_8){
var _8=_8||{},_9=_3.getLocalization("dojo.cldr","number",_3.normalizeLocale(_8.locale)),_a=_8.pattern?_8.pattern:(!!_9 ? _9[(_8.type||"decimal")+"Format"] : "");
var _b;
if(typeof _8.places=="number"){
_b=_8.places;
}else{
if(typeof _8.places==="string"&&_8.places.length>0){
_b=_8.places.replace(/.*,/,"");
}else{
_b=(_a.indexOf(".")!=-1?_a.split(".")[1].replace(/[^#0]/g,"").length:0);
}
}
return {sep:(!!_9 ? _9.decimal : "") ,places:_b};
};

The real parts that change are:
  • (!!_9 ? _9[(_8.type||"decimal")+"Format"] : "") (2nd line in the above snippet)
  • (!!_9 ? _9.decimal : "") (2nd to last line in the above snippet)
Make the change, clear our cache, and you should be good to go. This issue could return after another upgrade, of course.

There are other threads about this issue, but I didn't want to cross post and spam the forum on all the threads. Hopefully everyone who needs this is reading.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
This is fixed in11.1-BETA1.

Status
Not open for further replies.