no GUI : An error occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piscenois

Dabbler
Hi !

I did some update several weeks ago and the GUI is no more available.
nginx error log says :
2016/12/23 10:23:21 [error] 2453#0: *1 kevent() reported that connect() failed (61: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: x.x.x.x, server: localhost, request: "GET /account/login/?next=/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9042", host: "x.x.x.x"

I use to admin Linux computers but not FreeBSD :'(
Can anyone help me to diagnose and repair ?

Thank you
Gabe

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Can anyone help me to diagnose and repair ?
Sure, if you follow the forum rules and tell us the FreeNAS version and hardware we're talking about...

Piscenois

Dabbler
My mistake !

version : FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE (FreeNAS.amd64) #0 r295946+07c41cd(9.10-STABLE): Wed Nov 9 00:19:25 UTC 2016
hardware :
  • server : HP n54l,
  • RAM : 16GB Kingston,
  • HDD : 4 x WD red 3TB (WD30EFRX)
  • boot on internal usb key : kingston DataTraveler Micro 8GB

if you need more details just ask (and, please, give me the command line to get them :smile: )

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Boot into an older environment and try again. We'll work from there if needed.

Piscenois

Dabbler
I don't know how to do this. Google tell me to use /etc/netcli, but I got :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/etc/netcli", line 56, in <module>
from django.db.models.loading import cache
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
from django.db.models.query import Q
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py", line 17, in <module>
from django.db.models.deletion import Collector
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/deletion.py", line 4, in <module>
from django.db.models import signals, sql
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
from django.db.models.sql.subqueries import *
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/subqueries.py", line 12, in <module>
from django.db.models.sql.query import Query
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/query.py", line 22, in <module>
from django.db.models.sql import aggregates as base_aggregates_module
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/aggregates.py", line 9, in <module>
ordinal_aggregate_field = IntegerField()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/fields/__init__.py", line 116, in __init__
self.db_tablespace = db_tablespace or settings.DEFAULT_INDEX_TABLESPACE
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 54, in __getattr__
self._setup(name)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 49, in _setup
self._wrapped = Settings(settings_module)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 132, in __init__
% (self.SETTINGS_MODULE, e)
ImportError: Could not import settings 'freenasUI.settings' (Is it on sys.path? Is there an import error in the settings file?): No module named settings

Is this the good command ?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I don't know how to do this. Google tell me to use /etc/netcli, but I got :
What? No, that won't help at all. It does suggest that your install is severely broken.

To reboot into an older environment, reboot. You'll be shown a GRUB prompt with all available boot environments. Pick an older one and boot to it. Note that that setting is only valid for the current boot, so you'll want to go to the GUI and delete the busted boot environment and then try the update again.

Piscenois

Dabbler
Thank you very much !
Needed time to find vga cable ... but managed to reboot on 9.10 from june. and Web UI works I will retry to update the system.

Piscenois

Dabbler
Updates worked, FreeNas is now 9.10.2. Thanks again ! ^^

Schwabix

Dabbler
Just for completeness and future readers: it might suffice to restart ngnix and django. Learned this in another thread ...
service ngnix restart
service django restart

In my case nginx was absolutely ok and happy about it's config files, but django wasn't running at all. The restart of both brought GUI back to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.