qBittorrent jail pingable but webGUI not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakenaked

Cadet
TL;DR version: I accidentally CHMOD 777 my entire qBittorrent jail, now the webGUI won't come up.

So, in my efforts to fix an issue I was having with my freeNAS file server / download box I seem to have broken my qBittorrent and Sickbeard jail. For the purpose of this post I am really only concerned with the qBittorrent jail, I can worry about Sickbeard another day.

The problem started when I was trying to fix an issue I was having with my download folders. I had my jails kind of threeway sharing a central download folder where Sickbeard would scrape TV info and sort the file. Sickbeard was having trouble showing / processing files I had downloaded with qBittorrent. After a little messing around it seemed the permissions for the downloaded files was the problem. So I decided (foolishly) to chmod 777 the files. Being pretty new to Nix I did something really stupid and cd'd to my download folder and then "CHMOD -r 777 /" I think for some reason I was thinking the / would just hit the files in that folder. Yeah. Derp.

I didn't notice any issue at all at first, but then a couple of weeks after we had a huge thunderstorm here that knocked the power out. My UPS kicked in and the system appears to have shut down normally (The email notification worked correctly and said the system was going down.) I got back home, turned the system back on and didn't think anything of it. I didn't notice anything was wrong for 2-3 when I went to log into my qBittorrent webGUI. It was at that point I realized I wasn't able to login to my qBittorrent or Sickbeard webGUIs. The jail itself is set up to auto-connect to a VPN service. I don't think that is causing an issue since I can see the tunnel being created in the freeNAS log. I could disable it to check, but being a BSD newbie just getting the thing working was kind of a pain.

I suppose nuking the jails and setting everything back up wouldn't be too hard but I'd like to avoid it if possible. Does loading a backup config have any effect on the contents of the jails or is it just the freeNAS settings basically noting that the jails exist?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I posted a bunch of output for the commands I could think of below. If there is a specific output you want to see just let me know and I will try to get it posted ASAP. I didn't post a ton of hardware info since I think this is mostly a config issue rather than a hardware one, but if it is important please let me know and I will post that info also.

System log after a start / stop of qBittorrent jail:
Code:
Oct 21 05:46:14 freenas notifier: Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:
Oct 21 05:46:14 freenas notifier: nginx: the configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
Oct 21 05:46:14 freenas notifier: nginx: configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful
Oct 21 05:46:14 freenas kernel: epair0a: Ethernet address: 02:ba:91:00:0a:0a
Oct 21 05:46:14 freenas kernel: epair0b: Ethernet address: 02:ba:91:00:0b:0b
Oct 21 05:46:14 freenas kernel: epair0a: link state changed to UP
Oct 21 05:46:14 freenas kernel: epair0b: link state changed to UP
Oct 21 05:46:14 freenas kernel: epair0a: promiscuous mode enabled
Oct 21 05:46:14 freenas kernel: ng_ether_ifnet_arrival_event: can't re-name node epair0b
Oct 21 05:46:19 freenas kernel: tun0: link state changed to UP
Oct 21 05:48:20 freenas kernel: epair0a: link state changed to DOWN
Oct 21 05:48:20 freenas kernel: epair0b: link state changed to DOWN
Oct 21 05:48:20 freenas kernel: tun0: link state changed to DOWN
Oct 21 05:48:24 freenas kernel: ifa_del_loopback_route: deletion failed
Oct 21 05:48:24 freenas kernel: Freed UMA keg (udp_inpcb) was not empty (20 items).  Lost 2 pages of memory.
Oct 21 05:48:24 freenas kernel: Freed UMA keg (udpcb) was not empty (336 items).  Lost 2 pages of memory.
Oct 21 05:48:24 freenas kernel: Freed UMA keg (tcp_inpcb) was not empty (10 items).  Lost 1 pages of memory.
Oct 21 05:48:24 freenas kernel: Freed UMA keg (tcpcb) was not empty (4 items).  Lost 1 pages of memory.
Oct 21 05:48:24 freenas kernel: hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=1 cleanup required
Oct 21 05:48:24 freenas kernel: hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=0 cleanup required

qBittorrent shell outputs:
Code:
root@qBittorrent:/ # dmesg                                                      
ifa_del_loopback_route: deletion failed                                        
Freed UMA keg (udp_inpcb) was not empty (20 items).  Lost 2 pages of memory.    
Freed UMA keg (udpcb) was not empty (336 items).  Lost 2 pages of memory.      
Freed UMA keg (tcp_inpcb) was not empty (20 items).  Lost 2 pages of memory.    
Freed UMA keg (tcpcb) was not empty (12 items).  Lost 3 pages of memory.        
Freed UMA keg (ripcb) was not empty (20 items).  Lost 2 pages of memory.        
hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=1 cleanup required                    
hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=0 cleanup required 

Code:
root@qBittorrent:/ # ifconfig                                                  
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384              
        options=600003<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>                  
        inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128                                                
        inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1                              
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000                                      
        nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>                              
epair0b: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500  
        options=8<VLAN_MTU>                                                    
        ether 02:66:bc:00:0c:0b                                                
        inet 192.168.1.248 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255          
        nd6 options=9<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED>                                    
        media: Ethernet 10Gbase-T (10Gbase-T <full-duplex>)                    
        status: active                                                          
tun0: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500            
        options=80000<LINKSTATE>                                                
        inet 10.8.0.198 --> 10.8.0.197 netmask 0xffffffff                      
        nd6 options=1<PERFORMNUD>                                              
        Opened by PID 90772                                                    
root@qBittorrent:/ # 

Code:
root@qBittorrent:/ # netstat -r                                                                                                    
Routing tables                                                                                                                      

Internet:                                                                                                                          
Destination        Gateway            Flags    Refs      Use  Netif Expire                                                          
0.0.0.0/1          10.8.0.197         UGS         0       11   tun0 =>                                                              
default            192.168.1.1        UGS         0       39 epair0                                                                
10.8.0.1/32        10.8.0.197         UGS         0        0   tun0                                                                
10.8.0.197         link#3             UH          0        0   tun0                                                                
10.8.0.198         link#3             UHS         0        0    lo0                                                                
localhost          link#1             UH          0        0    lo0                                                                
128.0.0.0/1        10.8.0.197         UGS         0        0   tun0                                                                
192.99.7.206/32    192.168.1.1        UGS         0       57 epair0                                                                
192.168.1.0        link#2             U           0       15 epair0                                                                
qBittorrent        link#2             UHS         0        0    lo0                                                                

Internet6: (Not used)
root@qBittorrent:/ #  

From my qBittorrent jail I am able to ping freeNAS's IP and freeNAS's default gateway (192.168.1.1). I can even ping (but not SSH into) the qBittorrent jail from my Windows machine on the same network.

Lastly, my sickbeard webGUI doesn't work either, I can see an error message in the freeNAS log whenever I start the jail:

Code:
Oct 21 05:51:55 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:526] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.1.254/plugins/sickbeard/2/_s/treemenu: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway

Thanks again! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.