GUI Error: Welcome to nginx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpsguy

I ran into the issue today and was able to solve it for me!

In my case, I had a dead server that had been running FN 8.0.4 x64. Today, I setup a brand new server, did a fresh install of FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-x64 (10351), imported the old volume and scrubbed it. I decided to restore the old configuration file. After a couple of restarts and manually configuring the interface, I received the "Welcome to nginx!" message.

After issuing the shell commands above, I was able to access the GUI and look around at my config.

In network/interfaces, I had 2. My new bge0 with a static address ending in .18 and the old re0 interface ending in .18. The latter, was defined on my old server and came over when I restored my old backup configuration. I deleted the re0 interface, restarted the server, and it solved this problem for me.

FlangeMonkey

Contributor
I've just installed the newly released FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-p1-x64.img. I'm still getting the welcome message.

FlangeMonkey

Contributor
Yep, its not the cache. However I've restarted a couple of time, left it for 20 to 30 minutes and "its alive". I've going to perform a couple of reboot and see if I can see a pattern if it continues to play up.

edit: After several restarts it hasn't redeveloped. I've also changed the IP from the terminal and still all good.

dbostock

Cadet
Reset the config file like post #11

# rm /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf*
# service ix-nginx start
# nginx

Then edit /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf to have the server section match the below config. After doing a "service nginx restart" you should be back at a https gui

server {
server_name localhost;
listen 0.0.0.0:443;
ssl on;
ssl_certificate /etc/ssl/freenas/nginx/nginx.crt;
ssl_certificate_key /etc/ssl/freenas/nginx/nginx.key;
ssl_session_timeout 5m;
ssl_protocols SSLv2 SSLv3 TLSv1;
ssl_ciphers HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5;
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Reset the config file like post #11

# service ix-nginx start
# nginx

Then edit /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf to have the server section match the below config. After doing a "service nginx restart" you should be back at a https gui

server {
server_name localhost;
listen 0.0.0.0:443;
ssl on;
ssl_certificate /etc/ssl/freenas/nginx/nginx.crt;
ssl_certificate_key /etc/ssl/freenas/nginx/nginx.key;
ssl_session_timeout 5m;
ssl_protocols SSLv2 SSLv3 TLSv1;
ssl_ciphers HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5;
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

What version are you running?

xaphann

Cadet
The method posted above works but you have to enter in on every reboot. Not what I call a good solution. FYI I am running a clean install of 8.3

mertoz

Cadet
I had the same problem, my browser is Internet Explorer 9, once I clicked on the compatibility view on the browser bar and refreshed the screen, everything went back to normal. However, I now need to do that any time I log on.

Stephens

Patron
Or, go into Tools ==> Compatibility View Settings and add your NAS domain name or IP address.

gdellordine

Cadet
This is not exactly a "fix" yet, but I learned a workaround on the freenode Web forum

# service ix-nginx start
# nginx

Apparently there is something screwed up in the conf files, so you have to remove them first, and THEN restart the nginx process.

NOTE that the service start command returns "Failed", but this is OK. After you get this, run the nginx command (no response on the command line), and the Web GUI should be working.

NOTE I haven't tested this yet, but you will probably need to re-run these commands any time you restart the system, until the FreeNAS people come out with an update.

Not exactly an optimal fix, but at least it gets you back up and running... :tongue:

Hey, it works !!!
I've just reboot my PC and it's working. THANKS !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.