Networking freenas without Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillweed

Dabbler
Hi, I have just finished my nas server and I'm having problems with the IP address. I have a Verizon MiFi we have to turn off daily that sends the signal to a main router, and then theirs a second router that's hard wired to the main router; which the nas server is connected to. My question is can I set the server to be accessible with out Internet on all of my computers?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Input the IP of your plex server in your respective clients in the settings page. But good luck getting things working with that mumbo jumbo of a network configuration you have going on..........

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You need 1 router and then your mifi device. If you have more than that I bet everything on your network is broken. Fix/explain the network layout better so we can help

dillweed

Dabbler
Yep sorry it was late when I typed that! :smile:
Verizon MiFi- router 1 (192.168.1.1)
Tp-link- router 2 (192.168.0.1)
Cisco (ddwrt)- router 3 (192.168.1.2)
Router 2 is repeating the signal from router 1
Router 3 is briged to router 1
The nas server is connected to 3 and isn't accessiable with out router 1 being turned on. My question was I have set a static ip in the nas machine (192.168.1.32) and everything works fine WITH Internet, but without none of the computer see the nas machine not can I access it on a browser.
Anything else missing?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I don't see why that's the only way. The mifi should be handing out a dhcp to a router that handles the rest of your network. Let the router run the show, and not the mifi. The mifi should act as a dumb pipe

dillweed

Dabbler
Yep! I thought so too! I tried that before making this forum.. Router 2 wouldn't connect to the MiFi.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Mifi->router handling dhcp and router functions->router acting as access point.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Yep! I thought so too! I tried that before making this forum.. Router 2 wouldn't connect to the MiFi.
I think the point is to change router 2. It sounds like it's wirelessly connecting to router 1, is that right?

In either event, router 2 needs to act like a bridge (like a network switch).

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You need router 1 to do the dhcp then router 2 and 3 to be bridged with no dhcp. Then no dhcp for your mifi but give the wan side of router 1 a static ip.

Status
Not open for further replies.