Can't access NAS from main computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tek2425

Cadet
Thanks for everyones help.
I have a FreeNAS setup (FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p1, FreeNAS Build: FreeNAS-8.0-RELEASE-i386) and have been using it successfully for about a year. Then the power went out. I restarted the server. Now I can't access the server files on my MAIN computer (wired through my router). All the other computers in my house can access it, wired directly and wifi. I can even access the Freenas firmware from my main computer. The server shows up in my router firmware as an attached device. I rebooted the server,checked my shares, checked all the settings I could think of. Tried to map the drives on the server directly, no luck. I am using Windows 7 sp1. Any help would be appreciated. I am relatively new to Freenas and networking (although I did muddle through the initial setup)Thanks for all your help!

Main System:
i7 2600k
Asrock P67 extreme 4
4GB DDR3-1600

Router: Netgear WNDR4500

Server System:
AMD Sempron 140 Processor
MSI 760GM-P33
4GB DDR3-1600

tek2425

Theflu

Dabbler
Can you ping the Server from the computer?
Can you Ping the computer from the server?
Have you tried to access it by IP?
Can you view other shares on your main PC that aren't on freenas?

tek2425

Cadet

Theflu

Dabbler
Can you see the freenas in the network folder?

Create a share on another PC and see if you can access it from the main pc.

tek2425

Cadet

Theflu

Dabbler
Have you tried a system restore to before the power outage?

Sounds like something is corrupt from that power outage.

tek2425

Cadet
I tried the system restore to before the outage, still not seeing any shares. I guess it's something with Windows networking...

tek2425

Cadet
Finally got it resolved! It was Eset Smart Security. I should have tried disabling that first thing, but I hadn't changed any settings and it had never created any problems before... I'm really sorry to have wasted your time! Sometimes you don't see the forest for the trees...
Thanks for all your help Theflu!

Status
Not open for further replies.