Swapped ISPs...new on on same LAN IP for gateway: no connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcevan

Patron
Hey I've run into an interesting issue.

I swapped out Verizon Fios for Comcast.

I introduced a wireless router with 4 points since the old Verizon wifi router had same.

So my home networking (wired) stayed the same: ethernet to basement switch; freenas, voip, printer, 2 PCs wired to that switch.

Before reconnecting basement switch, I configured new wifi router for same LAN address the FIOS one had: 192.168.1.1

That said, everything but FreeNAS is reachable: phone, PCs, Sonos, printer.

Freenas rebooted to 1-14 menu with #1 being Network setup. Em0 is there and shows old IP address on 192.168.x.x but I cannot reach it from anywhere in the house.

Is there a way to set this up from scratch from command line on freenas? Nothing I've tried as helped.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
What IP is shows up in your routers DHCP lease list?

marcevan

Patron
Sorry..total user error. Had an old grey CAT5e cable going up to an apartment and plugged that in instead of basement switch white CAT5e.

Now, FreeNAS is back on, but the only issue is my HTPC on static IP cannot connect to it thru network sharing (SMB) even though the SMB share has my HTPC's static IP in it's allow list. Keeps popping up a login screen even though the share is allow guests, only guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.