SOLVED My freenas share not visible in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetisane

Dabbler
Hello,
I have build a nas with Freenas 9.2. I followed tutorials to set a share with CFIS service but when I am on my computer with windows 7 I can't see the share of the nas on the network.
Thanks for help

Cupcake

Dabbler
Do you really need to "see" it? Just add it as a network drive and don't use the network map with network discovery stuff.

Rand

Guru
Do you really need to "see" it? Just add it as a network drive and don't use the network map with network discovery stuff.
Try that first - if you can access them this way then probably only the "Browsable" flag has been forgotten; if its not working then the Share does not work.
Have you set up permission properly?
Eg Create a user, Set up dataset permissions for this user (Recursivly), Inherit for CIFS Share? (never checked the tutorials so i dont know whats in there or not;))

gpsguy

What happens if you try this:

net use t: \\ip-address\share name

for example, I use: net use t: \\192.168.1.10\gpsguy

Rand

Guru
Have you modified the volume or dataset after you set up cifs?
If yes try restarting cifs service or recreating the share

D

dlavigne

Which tutorials did you use? Did you read the CIFS Shares chapter of the Guide for your version of FreeNAS?

thetisane

Dabbler
to gpsguy : its says ' nom de reseaux introuvable' meaning ' network name not found'
to Rand : I delete all and try a new installation. That's not better....
More information : 2HDD 2TO mounted in one pool mirroring named pool1
I created one dataset named Chris
I created one user named Chris also usr ID 1001 home directory : /mnt/pool1/Chris and disable password login. Homedirectory mode read write execute for user and group
I created one share named freenas path : /mnt/pool1/Chris Browsable to network client selected
CIFS configuration local user netbios name : freenas , workgroup : WORKGROUP (as in windows) Guest account nobody

If something is wrong please tell me... thanks a lot

Cupcake

Dabbler
hmm It could still be a Problem with the permissions. In order for you to be able to Access the dataset Chris, you need to have read and execute permission tonall parent directories, which in your case is only the root zvolume "pool1". "pool1" will probably have root and wheel as owner User and group. therefore you need to Set read and execute permissions for "others", which is the third and Last column of the permissions table. someone please correct me if Im wrong with this.

gpsguy

So the share is named freenas

Did you try: net use t: \\ip\freenas

Sent from my phone

thetisane

Dabbler
OK with connect network drive I manage to se my drive witch is empty of course. but I cant put anything on it : 'you must have an autorisation for it'...

Status
Not open for further replies.