[FreeNAS 9 Plugin] - MineOS

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Alrighty, I'll reinstall tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for the assistance!
no prob. hope it works

How does the plugin get updated? I'd like to utilize some of the new code regarding forge that was recently folded in.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
How does the plugin get updated? I'd like to utilize some of the new code regarding forge that was recently folded in.
you can try running 'service mineos update'

I tried that to no avail. Is it because of this?
Code:
root@mineos_1:/ # service mineos update
remote: Counting objects: 37, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (37/37), done.
remote: Total 37 (delta 22), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
Unpacking objects: 100% (37/37), done.
From git://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node
   23da281..4ae12c7  master     -> origin/master
Updating 932add7..4ae12c7
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
        generate-sslcert.sh
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting
debug@0.7.4 usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/socket.io/node_modules/socket.io-client/node_modules/debug

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I tried that to no avail. Is it because of this?
Code:
root@mineos_1:/ # service mineos update
remote: Counting objects: 37, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (37/37), done.
remote: Total 37 (delta 22), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
Unpacking objects: 100% (37/37), done.
From git://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node
   23da281..4ae12c7  master     -> origin/master
Updating 932add7..4ae12c7
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
        generate-sslcert.sh
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting
debug@0.7.4 usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/node_modules/socket.io/node_modules/socket.io-client/node_modules/debug
did you edit the mentioned file? if not I'll look into if my system is doing the same system.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
No, I have not edited that file.
Ok thanks. I can confirm the same thing is happening to me because the file is set to executable by my setup script. Here's a workaround..
Code:
chmod -x /usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/share/mineos/mineos-node/generate-sslcert.sh

I'll also try building an update tonight that resolved this.

Wanderer89

Cadet
Is there a way to use a craftbukkit jar I've gotten elsewhere instead of using BuildTools? As I'm unable to build any through the webui, just get this error:

Code:
Loading BuildTools version: git-BuildTools-1847da7-45 (#45)
You must run this jar through bash (msysgit)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Is there a way to use a craftbukkit jar I've gotten elsewhere instead of using BuildTools? As I'm unable to build any through the webui, just get this error:

Code:
Loading BuildTools version: git-BuildTools-1847da7-45 (#45)
You must run this jar through bash (msysgit)
there are ways to have profiles using a jar. you might want to search/ask on the mineos forums though.

iKersh

Dabbler
Yes that's how shared libraries usually work. A lot of symlinks until you get to the actual lib version.

What's strange is the settings of librsync.so.1.0.2, it's owned by mcserver and has very open 775 permissions. You might try settings this to the same as the rest of the directory, probably root:wheel 644. But maybe the for got overwritten looking at those weird permission levels.

Hello everyone, I have scanned the thread and have not seen a resolution to the 'unable to create a restore point' issue mentioned earlier in the thread - has this been resolved in the latest version of the plugin (9.3.5)? If so, can I upgrade my current MineOS plugin (v9.3.2) to the lastest version without much issue? Are there any things to watch out for doing an upgrade like this?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hello everyone, I have scanned the thread and have not seen a resolution to the 'unable to create a restore point' issue mentioned earlier in the thread - has this been resolved in the latest version of the plugin (9.3.5)? If so, can I upgrade my current MineOS plugin (v9.3.2) to the lastest version without much issue? Are there any things to watch doing an upgrade like this?
the latest version of the mineos freenas plugin ships mineos-node (which is a substaintailly different application). I recommend installing it to a second jail, then exporting your minecraft server out of your old jail to your new one.

iKersh

Dabbler
Oh okay, thanks JPR.

Is there a resolution to the 'unable to create a restore point' issue mentioned earlier in the thread for the version of the plugin I am using (v9.3.2) --or-- has this been resolved in the latest version of the plugin (9.3.5)?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Oh okay, thanks JPR.

Is there a resolution to the 'unable to create a restore point' issue mentioned earlier in the thread for the version of the plugin I am using (v9.3.2) --or-- has this been resolved in the latest version of the plugin (9.3.5)?
I'm not sure about that issue. restore points have always worked for me

MikeO1981

Cadet
Just a shout out to Joshua and SeanB... Joshua- thanks for the plugin- awesome job, got some very happy kids thanks to you... :) SeanB - thanks for the walk-through re: importing Minecraft worlds into freenas mineos plugin.. Had some stressful times doing it, but it worked in the end.
Cheers guys- you really are great.

Mike

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Just a shout out to Joshua and SeanB... Joshua- thanks for the plugin- awesome job, got some very happy kids thanks to you... :) SeanB - thanks for the walk-through re: importing Minecraft worlds into freenas mineos plugin.. Had some stressful times doing it, but it worked in the end.
Cheers guys- you really are great.

Mike
glad it worked out well =]

ver151set

Dabbler
Been using the plugin for around 8 months now, its awesome! One thing though, on every version i have used after a day or 2 the webui will not pass commands onto the server. No stop/restart/backup/archive/restart or server cmds via the
webui console. As i have no clue on where to begin to actually solve the issue, is there a way i can directly view the server console via ssh?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I just tried this and it worked.
Code:
su mcserver #or whatever user is running your minecraft server
/usr/pbi/mineos-amd64/bin/screen -r mc-SERVER # replace SERVER with your minecraft server name

paradoxiom

Patron
User/Group/Password management is done by editing UNIX users/groups/passwords in the plugin jail's userland
  • The default user is "mcserver" with the password "mcserver"
^^^

Can someone run me through how to do this? I don't see that user in the freenas UI and I'm assuming it's 'inside' the jail and I have to use the console, but don't know the exact commands to get there and change the user/pass. aside from that everything runs great for me, thanks for the plugin.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
User/Group/Password management is done by editing UNIX users/groups/passwords in the plugin jail's userland
  • The default user is "mcserver" with the password "mcserver"
^^^

Can someone run me through how to do this? I don't see that user in the freenas UI and I'm assuming it's 'inside' the jail and I have to use the console, but don't know the exact commands to get there and change the user/pass. aside from that everything runs great for me, thanks for the plugin.
yeah, it's the jail's user database. I only know the su and passwd command, for everything else I consult freebsd docs on user management and manages for commands