Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

How to install MineOS-node in a jail (alternative to using the MineOS plugin)

Jurgen Segaert

I just successfully installed the plugin on FreeNAS-11.3-U2 The only odd thing I noted is that, when using NAT networking, the Admin portal URL shows incorrect in the post install popup, but it's correct everywhere else in the WebUI.

Mark_the_Red

How did you get the jar / tar files? When I start the mineos gui I have no server list to choose from. What step did I miss? I am following the instructions on page 1 to a letter.

Jurgen Segaert

You'll start out without any Minecraft servers. That's where the MineOS UI comes in; you first download a profile and than create a server.

There's a link to the instructional video in this post or just search YouTube.

Hazimil

Hi, I'm trying to setup MineOS, and getting an error with pkg install rdiff-backup (or sysutils/rdiff-backup):

Code:
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'sysutils/rdiff-backup' have been found in the repositories

pkg has been set to use latest not quarterly.

Any ideas?

Patrick M. Hausen

Neophyte Sage
Use this as a guide:

pkg install doesn't take the category prefixes like "www/" so it's supposed to be pkg install rdiff-backup.
If package cannot be found because the guide laggs behind, you can always try a pkg search rdiff, to name one example.

HTH,
Patrick

P.S. I assume you are trying this in a jail. It won't work on the FreeNAS host system.

Hazimil

Hi yes, within a Jail. Doing pkg install rdiff-backup fails:

Code:
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'rdiff-backup' have been found in the repositories

pkg search rdiff gives:

Code:
colordiff-1.0.19               Tool to colorize diff output
dirdiff-2.1_4                  Graphical diff tool
py37-rdiff-backup-2.0.0        Easy to use and efficient backup and restore utility

Going to try "py37-rdiff-backup-2.0.0".

J.

Patrick M. Hausen

Neophyte Sage
Yes, the python based ports have grown a version prefix some time ago, so that is the one.
pkg install py37-rdiff-backup, drop the version number when installing.

Hazimil

Right, all installed but connecting to the admin page is not working. Will have a look at what I done wrong now :)

Thanks @Patrick M. Hausen for the help.

Jonathan

Hazimil

Will have a look at what I done wrong now :)
Sorted, I had https:// instead of http://

Now to create a server and get the kids off me back!

J.