Resource icon

FN11.3 iocage jails - Plex, Tautulli, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Jackett, Transmission, Organizr

JJT211

Patron
Anyone having problems deleting media from the Plex client UI? When I try to delete using icon I get this message "Unable to delete media. Please check your file permissions"

I used to be able to do this with my old Plex warden jail but can no longer do it since I've gone to an iocage jail installation. I definitely have "Allow media deletion" checked in the server settings. I tried setting 777 permissions on my media shares but im still getting the same message. I think it has something to do with the permissions inside of the actual Plex jail but I know from the past that you need to be careful with permissions inside of jails.

Anyone have any ideas?

Below is what I see when I browse through Putty to the folder I have my shares mounted inside jail. All shares are mounted to the /plex/mnt directory inside jail

Code:
root@plex:/mnt # ls -ld
drwxr-xr-x  7 root  wheel  7 Feb  7  2018 . 

And here's the share itself

Code:
root@plex:/mnt/movies # ls -ld
drwxrwxrwx  1592 nobody  nogroup  1599 Dec 15 00:02 . 

Looks like in the first example, the folder that contains my shares is missing a write permission. Im a little hesistant to change that permission as its the actual jail and in the past I've screwed things up messing with those. Does that look like why I can't delete movies from the Plex client? If so, what's the syntax to change permission of that mount directory? Im guessing its chmod 777 inside /mnt directory.

EDIT: Ok, I just tried changing permission of the /plex/mnt directory to chmod 777 and im still getting the same permissions issue

In the first command I see the config is mounted "rw" but in the second the share is mounted "ro"

Code:
iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/tank1/apps/plex /config nullfs rw 0 0
iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/tank1/video /mnt/video nullfs ro 0 0

What does the "o" in "ro" mean? shouldn't it be "rw" as well?

Nvious1

Explorer
Code:
iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/tank1/apps/plex /config nullfs rw 0 0
iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/tank1/video /mnt/video nullfs ro 0 0

What does the "o" in "ro" mean? shouldn't it be "rw" as well?

ro = read only for the mount so no matter what the dataset permissions are it can't write from inside the jail. Yes it needs to be RW. The OP stated that they didn't use the delete feature of plex so that is why mounted as read-only.

JJT211

Patron
Awesome thanks!

So how would I go about changing the permissions on that mount? I just tried changing them using the same command except RW in the permissions but I kept getting errors.

Nvious1

Explorer
Awesome thanks!

So how would I go about changing the permissions on that mount? I just tried changing them using the same command except RW in the permissions but I kept getting errors.

You can shutdown your jail, then just use the 11.2 GUI to edit the mount points. If you don't want to shut down your jail, you will at least need to probably shut off any service that is using the mounts then you can use

iocage fstab -r jailName /nas/dataset /jailmount nullfs ro 0 0
then just add it back
iocage fstab -a jailName /nas/dataset /jailmount nullfs rw 0 0

kranzel

Explorer
Why was SABnzbd removed?
Anyone know the answer to this one? I am just curious, was there an issue or has it just not been tested yet so the document hasn't been updated?

Theogermal

Cadet
I'm having issues with making the RC file for Jackett, It keeps saying (unable to create file "/mnt/iocage/jails/jackett/root/usr/local/etc/rc.d/jackett")

can anyone shed some light please

Redcoat

MVP
Do you need a volume name in between /mnt and /iocage?

Redcoat

MVP
No, your iocage dataset is mounted at /mnt/iocage.

Well, this is interesting...

Mine appears to me to be at /mnt/Volume1/iocage based on the GUI and use of SSH. It was "created" by migration script from warden jails originating from following Cosmo Kramer's installation instructions for Plex. The latter put the jails inside the Volume1 dataset (which I would have called "tank" had I not been a noob- at the time) and the jails are now under iocage under Volume1.

1545356077271.png
1545356309747.png

What am I not understanding here?

ThreeDee

Guru
so is the new Plex-Pass dashboard going to make Tautulli obsolete then?

LaserAllan

Dabbler
Great rescource,
Something I would like to see added is qbittorrent and have that go through a VPN just like transmisison, I am not sure which provider you are suign but port forwarding is quite nice to have in these situations.

What about nullfs and rclone in this setup, would that be possible?

I currently run mine on Linux and would very much like to run it all on jails if possible.

Pentaflake

Explorer
I'm having issues with making the RC file for Jackett, It keeps saying (unable to create file "/mnt/iocage/jails/jackett/root/usr/local/etc/rc.d/jackett")

can anyone shed some light please
You should make sure you ran the command above it which creates the rc.d directory. You won't be able to edit/create the file if the directory it would reside in does not exist.

v2 still isn't production and is still in the development branches until its release status I won't be updating to it.

Last edited:

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
[QUOTE="Pentaflake]v2 still isn't production and is still in the development branches until its release status I won't be updating to it.[/QUOTE]

I can understand that. It’s been in delvelopment forever so I’m not sure why it hasn’t been changed. I like it much better, especially with the Plex theme applied.

As for the new Plex dashboard, you can only see it if a stream is playing. Kinda dumb decision.

Theogermal

Cadet
You should make sure you ran the command above it which creates the rc.d directory. You won't be able to edit/create the file if the directory it would reside in does not exist.

Double checked, it says it exists, but still can't do the next step for some reason

thxtex

Dabbler
Hi everyone and merry Christmas

I have my primary FreeNas box which is running fine and I have created several jail setups based on the resource from this thread. I have a secondary FreeNas box for testing purpose. Using the same jail setups with only the IP changed I managed to install Sonarr but Plex gives me problems. This is on a fresh install of FreeNas 11.2.
This is just the first 2 lines of my setup. Any idea of what is wrong?

Regards Thomas

Code:
root@freenas[/mnt/Volume2/Swap/plex]# echo '{"pkgs":["plexmediaserver-plexpass","ca_root_nss"]}' > /tmp/pkg.json

root@freenas[/mnt/Volume2/Swap/plex]# iocage create -n "plex" -p /tmp/pkg.json -r 11.2-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.1.32" defaultrouter="192.168.1.1" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"

plex successfully created!

Testing SRV response to FreeBSD
Testing DNSSEC response to FreeBSD

Installing pkg...
pkg failed to install, retry #1
pkg failed to install, retry #2
pkg failed to install, retry #3

pkg error:
  - pkg-static: Repository FreeBSD load error: access repo file(/var/db/pkg/repo-FreeBSD.sqlite) failed: No such file or directory
pkg-static: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/quarterly/packagesite.txz: Operation timed out

Please check your network
root@freenas[/mnt/Volume2/Swap/plex]#

kranzel

Explorer
Hi everyone and merry Christmas

I have my primary FreeNas box which is running fine and I have created several jail setups based on the resource from this thread. I have a secondary FreeNas box for testing purpose. Using the same jail setups with only the IP changed I managed to install Sonarr but Plex gives me problems. This is on a fresh install of FreeNas 11.2.
This is just the first 2 lines of my setup. Any idea of what is wrong?

Regards Thomas

Code:
root@freenas[/mnt/Volume2/Swap/plex]# echo '{"pkgs":["plexmediaserver-plexpass","ca_root_nss"]}' > /tmp/pkg.json

root@freenas[/mnt/Volume2/Swap/plex]# iocage create -n "plex" -p /tmp/pkg.json -r 11.2-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.1.32" defaultrouter="192.168.1.1" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"

plex successfully created!

Testing SRV response to FreeBSD
Testing DNSSEC response to FreeBSD

Installing pkg...
pkg failed to install, retry #1
pkg failed to install, retry #2
pkg failed to install, retry #3

pkg error:
  - pkg-static: Repository FreeBSD load error: access repo file(/var/db/pkg/repo-FreeBSD.sqlite) failed: No such file or directory
pkg-static: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/quarterly/packagesite.txz: Operation timed out

Please check your network
root@freenas[/mnt/Volume2/Swap/plex]#

First thing I can see is, I am 90% sure your IP of “vnet0|192.168.1.32” is missing its subnet mask. It should be so,etching like “vnet0|192.168.1.32/24”

Not sure if that is the root issue or. It.

kranzel

Explorer